The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

Just now, clerk3745 said:

They've all been timed editions... 

His Star Wars ones...no there have been ones at SDCC, Mondo Con, and then Greedo was limited to maybe 50 (it goes for a few grand now).

But all his other work is mainly not timed.  I have the entire Food Dude series he has done in my kitchen for example and I think only 1 in the series of about 20 was timed.

16 minutes ago, tetsuodaironman said:

Look at Yoda's Jedi robe...Mitchell used the fattest, roundest paintbrush tool in Photoshop and said "fuck it" and called it a day. It's so juvenilely digital, it's almost offensive to call it art. LQ=low-qual. 

I used to think his aesthetic was boring a long time before I noticed this, I remember noticing this first on his Michael Myers timed edition.

Edited by clerk3745

Um they have all been loose brush strokes on the outside (clothes, hair, etc...) then extremely more detailed on the faces. It's a stylistic choice. I mean art is subjective and I can't talk you into liking anything...but it's a style that tons of people like. Of course he has other lines that are completely different too like his food dudes, Supers, JLUs, Fat Birds, and the his actual movie and concert posters....but like I said feel free to dislike it, just one less person in line next time I get something!

It is subjective; you're welcome to like and I'm welcome to hate it. But I will bring it up EVERY time Mondo releases another because a company of Mondo's caliber has a license like Star Wars and continues to drop the ball.

As I type this  I realize they're probably letting him do them all because the sell (because they're Star Wars) and he's their cheapest artist (because he sucks).