The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

So the design on the Hellraiser cube is wrong...

There are two sets of three designs, with each facing opposite sides of the cube, but they used the same pattern on the top, front, and bottom. The mock up shows the correct pattern.

Anyone else notice this?

Edited by maxkuliev
more info

18 minutes ago, maxkuliev said:

There are two sets of three designs, with each facing opposite sides of the cube, but they used the same pattern on the top, front, and bottom. The mock up shows the correct pattern.

Anyone else notice this?

This would drive me insane.

I'm a big hellraiser fan but can't bring myself to pull the trigger on that box. It's a novel idea but, for only 6 singles, it's a giant waste of space. They either should have included like a booklet, poster, etc and charged more to make it feel more substantial or divorced themselves from the idea it had to be the actual cube and just used the designs of it to make a cool 7" set that is only like an inch thick and charged like 20 dollars less.

11 hours ago, maxkuliev said:

Anyone else notice this?

Speaking of, I just got this email...

Hello,

Thanks again for purchasing the HELLRAISER collector's cube. It's come to our attention that the pattern on the box is incorrect, so we're honestly not sure what dimension this thing will open. 

During production we created a series of complex vector images for the design, and when it went to print we had some wires cross resulting in an inaccurate Lament Configuration. We're currently in the process of reprinting the box to the correct specification. It may take a few months for the corrected boxes to land (as they are manufactured in China), but rest assured you will have a 100% accurate box during the second quarter of 2018. 

Just a note, the box error doesn’t affect the sound or quality of the individual records or sleeves, so please continue to enjoy Christopher Young's iconic score in the meantime.

We sincerily appreciate your understanding, and thanks to all our fellow HELLRAISER fans for noticing the error.

Spencer Hickman Death Waltz Recording Company/Mondo 

10 minutes ago, tetsuodaironman said:

Sounds p gapey asf, mate. Ill hop in the whip and head r1ght there.

No idea what half that means, and pretty tired of seeing you use Gape ( a rape slang) as a joke...so just going to go ahead and put you on the ignore list so I don't have to see you any more. . Goodbye.

19 minutes ago, stl_ben said:

No idea what half that means, and pretty tired of seeing you use Gape ( a rape slang) as a joke...so just going to go ahead and put you on the ignore list so I don't have to see you any more. . Goodbye.

G A P E O R W A V E.

Edited by tetsuodaironman

18 minutes ago, FiggyPud said:

To clear this up once and for all:

Gape - a  term usually associated with one's overly dilited anus

No mention of “rape” whatsoever.  Just cause they rhyme, doesn’t mean they’re the same thing.

So to take the definition you posted for Gape, and then to push it into the term he says "Get Gaped"
Means to get your "anus" overly dileted.  And how exactly do you think he is implying that should happen, magicaly? No he is implying he wants some one to shove something into your ass so that it is "gaped".  And yes in my case I don't want that to happen (though if you do, more power to you) so if it was to "get" done that would be rape.  

Not sure why that needed to be spelled out for you, but sure keep up your bro rape culture comments it's surely working so well for the world right now.

18 minutes ago, stl_ben said:

So to take the definition you posted for Gape, and then to push it into the term he says "Get Gaped"
Means to get your "anus" overly dileted.  And how exactly do you think he is implying that should happen, magicaly? No he is implying he wants some one to shove something into your ass so that it is "gaped".  And yes in my case I don't want that to happen (though if you do, more power to you) so if it was to "get" done that would be rape.  

Not sure why that needed to be spelled out for you, but sure keep up your bro rape culture comments it's surely working so well for the world right now.

16 minutes ago, OU818 said:

Maybe he took a really big shit

Yeah this could happen too.  Maybe he’s a fan of gaping in general and he wants people to enjoy it as much as he does?  Like his version of “have a nice day!”

No one said it’s a bad thing.  Seems kind of homophobic to think so.

Dear, Benjamin from St. Louis...

Don't fear the gaper.

Baby, take my hand.

We'll be able to fly.

Don't fear the gaper.

Baby, I'm your man.

Sincerely,

Tets

P.S. Gape is derived from the Greek word "agape" which means love. <3

Edited by tetsuodaironman