The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

9 hours ago, throwgncpr said:

That Jurassic World is nice looking, but I'm really glad I went to see the movie first before pulling the trigger. Aside from a boring, recycled film, Michael Giacchino should not be handed any more John Williams properties. This score was uninspired to say the least.

To each their own, but I enjoyed the score and the movie. It's obviously not the best of the series and maybe the poor reviews lowered my expectations but I left the theater with a smile on my face.

9 hours ago, throwgncpr said:

That Jurassic World is nice looking, but I'm really glad I went to see the movie first before pulling the trigger. Aside from a boring, recycled film, Michael Giacchino should not be handed any more John Williams properties. This score was uninspired to say the least.

Agreed. We can hum almost all of John Williams themes, but I can't even remember ONE of Guantanamo's. Boring asf composer who's now the "go to" guy for most Disney properties. His scores will be in Goodwill bins in ten years time. Mark my words.

Edited by tetsuodaironman

2 hours ago, tetsuodaironman said:

Agreed. We can hum almost all of John Williams themes, but I can't even remember ONE of Guantanamo's. Boring asf composer who's now the "go to" guy for most Disney properties. His scores will be in Goodwill bins in ten years time. Mark my words.

Very bland lately. It's a bummer because I love his scores for 'The Incredibles', 'Up', 'Star Trek', and 'Lost'...

3 hours ago, batman said:

Very bland lately. It's a bummer because I love his scores for 'The Incredibles', 'Up', 'Star Trek', and 'Lost'...

I also really like his John Carter score.  I hum that one all the time.  Instantly recognizable.  Seriously love that one, easy to forget though bc the movie didn’t do well box office wise, even though it’s underrated imo.  I think maybe he’s just a little too busy the last couple of years.

On 6/4/2018 at 10:37 AM, clerk3745 said:

Evil Dead splatter looks sick! Cover art... meh.

Mondo Con Portal and Ratatouille also coming at ya on Wednesday.

https://mondotees.com/blogs/news/music-weekly-free-shipping-week-evil-dead-ost

ED_FC_1024x1024_0b4571bb-928e-4dcf-b70d-

ED_discs_1024x1024.jpg?v=1528129703

That wax looks just like the Jurassic Park Dilo variant.

oixHNf9.jpg

On 6/4/2018 at 11:08 AM, lethalenforcer said:

Finally was able to snag a MondoCon Turbo Kid to pair with my test pressing. And a copy of Papaya Love Goddess.  :wub:

Debating whether or not I want to buy rando TP's this year...

Papaya is a killer slab of wax. Great music.

On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 7:28 PM, batman said:

Agreed.  Sitting in the theatre watching Fallen Kingdom, kinda sad that I had already bought the score from Mondo haha!  I'm definitely still holding out hope for a LOST boxset one day though...

6 minutes ago, redroom said:

Did anyone placed multiple orders during the free shipping week and received their stuff? 

I'm asking because one order shipped yesterday and 3 other are still unfulfilled. Thought Mondo said they would combine orders. 

This will make a HUGE difference when I have to pay customs. €35 vs €140. 

I think you have to reach out to them. They just combined 3 for me, but only after I emailed them.

7 minutes ago, redroom said:

Did anyone placed multiple orders during the free shipping week and received their stuff? 

I'm asking because one order shipped yesterday and 3 other are still unfulfilled. Thought Mondo said they would combine orders. 

This will make a HUGE difference when I have to pay customs. €35 vs €140. 

Did you request for them to combine your orders? If not you're likely SOL. I placed three orders that week and they've all shipped separately.