The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

1 minute ago, kisol said:

Mondo is taking orders for the orange variant until 11:59PM CST on Sunday for those that missed out...

https://mondotees.com/products/halloween-three-the-season-of-the-witch-lp

Good for them. I know a lot of people casually slept on the orange due to the manner in which the releases for 4 & 5 went.

They're the same exact thing though. It was a collaborative project. Maybe it's to fuck with the flippers, which is cool. It doesn't matter to me, good for the people that want it but what the hell was the point of them basically saying the orange blob won't be repressed then represses it?

Edited by pizza face

16 minutes ago, wellnow said:

People who bought the box and missed out on 3 were freaking out on Twitter. Mondo must have caved to the pressure.

Dont know what the box set has to do with the 3rd version.  I mean there still is the retail version coming to stores.  So, they get the Halloween soundtrack in time for Christmas I guess.

1 hour ago, TheGreatMrY said:

Anyone else's Halloween box still in "pre-shipment"?

Received shipping notice on Wednesday, but mine is still in pre-shipment as well. My copy of Big Trouble in Little China sat in pre-shipment for a few days too.  Seems to be their standard operating procedure to get tracking numbers out well ahead of the shipment.  

Edited by kisol

4 minutes ago, defectiveepitaph said:

Mine has been pre-shipment since Aug 22nd...

Same. Mine is finally out for delivery today. I ordered right when they went up, before the "first batch" sold out. But on the "out for delivery" email i received today, the item was listed as "Halloween 4 and 5 Soundtracks + Free Collectors Box (PRE-ORDER)". Oh well. Just happy to finally have it today.

I've finally acquired my white whale: a Jurassic Park test pressing.
This rush of joy was immediately cut down by my wife and daughter as they rolled their eyes at this wonderful news.

Where do I go from here? Quit the game? I suppose that'd be going out on top. But this is a mental disorder, not a hobby. This is a support group, not a message board. And the unique thing is that it's a support group where people sitting around the same circle are willing to tell you point-blank that you f/cking suck.

Here's my TP tally. Anyone come across a Blair Witch yet? I suppose Halloween would be my next most-wanted but I, like with JP, won't hold my breath.

• Army of Darkness
  • Back To The Future II (picture disc, scrapped pressing)
  • Black Swan
  • Case Of The Scorpion’s Tail
  • Drive (Lakeshore)
  • Drive (picture disc)
  • Guardians of the Galaxy
  • Hannibal
  • Jurassic Park
  • Jurassic World
  • Maniac (2013)
  • Rewind This!
  • Timecrimes
  • Turbo Kid