The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

9 hours ago, Dougie Jones said:

My clear and black blob copy sounds pretty darn quiet and I'm playing it pretty loud through a set of floorstanding and bookshelf speakers. Not a single pop like you said. Happy I picked this up.

I cleaned it and it didn't change a thing. I read on discogs some people have the same issue as me. Someone wrote that mondo is good for replacing noisy records...hopefully

I noticed the solid orange on mondos site for the Halloween reissue was sold out, so was wondering if that was the "limited" variant but confirmed the splatter, that is still available is the limited and the orange is retail.

Edited by KingTacoMunster

Hello!

Just want to give you a quick update on your Halloween 4 & 5 pre-order. The records unfortunately had some delays at the plant, but are shipping to us this week! They should be in hand at our warehouse around October 15th, at which point our team will begin shipping your box set bundle. We are really sorry for the delay on these, and we’ll do our best to get them to you ASAP. Thanks for your patience!

Spencer Hickman, Label Manager”

On 10/4/2018 at 8:24 PM, pizza face said:

I cleaned it and it didn't change a thing. I read on discogs some people have the same issue as me. Someone wrote that mondo is good for replacing noisy records...hopefully

Which color did you get?  My orange/black sounds pretty clean.  Definitely no surface noise to speak of.

23 minutes ago, highfives said:

Which color did you get?  My orange/black sounds pretty clean.  Definitely no surface noise to speak of.

I got orange, I contacted mondo and they're gonna send a replacement. I cleaned it and it fixed nothing. To make sure it wasn't my needle I put on a record I know is dead quiet and it's not my needle. I read comments on discogs that most are quiet but only one or two said they had a noisy record. Hoping the replacement is better. If it was a metal album the noise wouldn't matter but since it's a score it's very noticeable on 85% of the record. 

My H3 has a scrub mark side 2 last track which is very audible and my H4 has some scrapes on side 1 first track. Luckily H5 plays perfect! H2 showed up today so I'll wait to clean and play before reaching out to Mondo for replacements. At this point I could care less what color they send me, as long as it's defect free! 

In keeping with the trend of "what does that art have to do with the movie?", the print for Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter looks like it could be one for almost any movie, sans 1 and 2 of course. It's one of my favorite 80's horror films (not saying it's good, just saying I love it) and there is so much he could have done. How about Corey Feldman with his fucked up shaved head and Jason squaring off or something.

Does anyone happen to have an extra The Fountain sleeve? With a seam split or anything is fine. Mine got water damaged and looks like shit and I will basically take any other one. The reason I ask is in case anyone originally ordered a copy and got their sleeves replaced for any reason i.e. seam split or whatever. If you happen to have an extra lemme know. Thanks!

Edited by tetsuodaironman