The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

Might have to get Summer of 84. Just watched the movie because I read it was directed by the same people who did Turbo Kid. They also got Le Matos to score it as well. Didn't know what the movie was about going into it. Was hoping for more over the top gorey fun like Turbo Kid but it wasn't anything like it. The movie was decent and had good suspense. Nothing amazing but I enjoyed the music a lot. I'll wait until I find out how the pressing turns out before I buy it. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Zeus182 said:

Mosha posted the LP colors and further artwork for the upcoming Batman release on his insta today. Looks like a black/yellow LP and a translucent green LP. Don't know if that was the standard or extended. Batman Returns had 3 LPs for the expanded. Says it is "coming soon".

The black/yellow & purple/green set is the 2xLP expanded score /2000. The standard is a black/purple split single disc (also available on black).

On sale this Wednesday btw

Edited by lethalenforcer

18 minutes ago, Saxonjulin said:

Are you seriously complaining about $5.95 shipping? It’s a double record and boxes cost money 

Not complaining just stating a fact for those missing out .  I'm guessing it's the USPS rate increase but didn't notice as I tend to buy records at the store.It was $7 and they lowered it to $5 a few years back. Now we get charged an extra .95 and tax in California. So the record that was $35 just cost me close to $45...and don't forget the subpar pressings Mondo has been issuing. At least they send replacements quick. They are starting to nickel and dime is what I'm saying. I spend $50 on double jazz LPs all the time but it's a AAA record that is normally flawless. This boutique record niche is starting to get to the point where some of us just skip the damn thing. 

(Now this sounds more like a complaint)

:-)

I drink the Kool aid all the time! The good news is Mondo and their employees have never let me down at conventions or when it comes to customer related issues.  I'm sure they are doing fine on boxes considering the cost of prints these days. Bwahahahahahahahahaha. 

Edited by bigdz68

49 minutes ago, Saxonjulin said:

Are you seriously complaining about $5.95 shipping? It’s a double record and boxes cost money 

Better than their old $7.50 shipping. 

I remember someone used to try and justify it that they had to pay their packing employees with the extra money and it ended up being like their warehouse workers made $1.50 per record packed haha