The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

Waiting to confirm this, but the Poltergeist Soundtrack that is coming out for Record Store Day, is supposedly on Glow in the Dark vinyl....I am guessing it will be limited to the same number (1000) as the Drive Picture Disc LP

Yikes, they had a hard time selling off their first run. Now another 1000 added? Wonder how they feel about going after it again so soon?

Yikes, they had a hard time selling off their first run. Now another 1000 added? Wonder how they feel about going after it again so soon?

I don't think selling a record off in a week is a hard time.  Sure, its not within minutes like some of their posters, but unloading 1,000 records in a week isn't too bad.  Still, I think this may be a little soon.  The glow-in-the-dark could be rad though.

I don't think selling a record off in a week is a hard time. Sure, its not within minutes like some of their posters, but unloading 1,000 records in a week isn't too bad. Still, I think this may be a little soon. The glow-in-the-dark could be rad though.

No its not a hard time at all. Just think it would be smarter to hold off a little bit since basically anyone who wanted a copy in the first place, was able to get one. I dont know how many people want to immediately re-purchase a record they just bought when there's about 300 other RSD releases to compete with for sales. I think this release will be strictly for the variant collectors and those who were completely unaware of the original release.

Though I don't own a glow-in-the-dark record so maybe Id consider trading my clear copy for one down the road.

No its not a hard time at all. Just think it would be smarter to hold off a little bit since basically anyone who wanted a copy in the first place, was able to get one. I dont know how many people want to immediately re-purchase a record they just bought when there's about 300 other RSD releases to compete with for sales. I think this release will be strictly for the variant collectors and those who were completely unaware of the original release.

Though I don't own a glow-in-the-dark record so maybe Id consider trading my clear copy for one down the road.

except glow in the dark records sound like shit and are basically just novelty items.

Redeye Dist just sent this out. 

Various Artists

Drive OST [PICTURE DISC]

[Mondo]

LP

LIMITED TO 1000 COPIES

Never before released in the US on vinyl, this RSD exclusive features new art

by Tyler Stout.

So they are doing two more "novelty" type runs for RSD and the standard releases on the site?