The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

16 minutes ago, RyanSmithers said:

Oh man...I won't be able to NOT buy the Doctor Strange soundtrack....

I really hope they pump them out somewhat quickly. I hope its not like Castlevania where theres one every 6 months or something. 22 films is a crazy amount to go through and only putting out 2-3 a year will be tedious. 

3 hours ago, timsimmons said:

I really hope they pump them out somewhat quickly. I hope its not like Castlevania where theres one every 6 months or something. 22 films is a crazy amount to go through and only putting out 2-3 a year will be tedious. 

I’m waiting for the 22 album box set at the end. Hoping Disney has allowed Wolverine to be absorbed into the MCU via their Fox purchase by then so it can come with pre-split seams marketed as “Adamantium Claw Scratches.”

28 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

Personally, I don't want any Fox properties includes in this thing. As much as I loved Jackman, I'm ready for something that fits in the MCU.

I wasn’t suggesting Mondo should include any Fox films in their Marvel OST run, I was just suggesting Disney is going to reboot the X-Men films as part of the MCU.

I get the feeling they can’t wait for the Dark Phoenix film to be done and over with so they can cut all ties with the current universe and recast everyone into the MCU timeline...

Edited by unknown pleasures

5 hours ago, timsimmons said:

Agreed.  It would take so long to do it that way.  Even doing one per month would take them 2 years basically...

1 hour ago, timsimmons said:

Gotcha

I'm surprised they are even bothering to release it and aren't just dumping it on Hulu or something. 

Can't wait for a reboot of the Fox stuff in the MCU. Especially now that the OG Avengers are more or less done.

I guess I’m the one lone survivor who still likes all the X-Men stuff and appreciates that it exists as it’s own thing.  Are they as good as the MCU stuff?  Heck no.  But I still like them in their own right.  I love Logan and I find it hard to believe that movie would exist in the MCU.  Disney has already said Deadpool will continue to exist in its own universe.

I love Days of Future Past and I remain hopeful that Dark Phoenix could be, at the very least, better than The Last Stand.

You're right though, if the movie was so great, you’d think Disney would’ve been quicker to release it, although at the same time, I can understand them not wanting to put it out in front of their Endgame stuff either way.

12 minutes ago, whoa said:

I want, but I'll have to wait; It's $93 shipped to EU and every Mondo order has been hit with custom charges. Anyone know pressing info on this? 

Don't think they posted that info, but it is an open preorder so probably not something you need to order immediately