The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

12 minutes ago, aju2streets said:

How is Mondo generally with replacements/ customer service? I ordered the Thor v Hulk variant of Ragnarok and they shipped the standard black. Will they usually keep some backstock for instances like this?

They are great, just reach out to them. They can take a few days during the holiday to get back but you should get sorted out

Noticed there are a couple listings on eBay for Knives Out with signed inserts (Director/composer). It looks like they are selling some like that at Amoeba in Hollywood, so if you’re in that area you might get lucky. I’ll be close to there tonight and might stop in if I have time. The eBay listings  aren’t terrible prices though considering it’s not even shipping from mondo yet.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Just now, ThunderPantz said:

Anybody else just get an apology email from Mondo with a code for 25 bucks? Lost is the only thing I got coming from them so it must be related to that.

They have been sending them out for the last week or so at what seems like random.  But mainly it has been for people with pending record orders or Godzilla orders.

6 minutes ago, ThunderPantz said:

Weird, but fine by me.

Yeah its a really bad precedent to set.  But they are way behind on shipping stuff.  I bought a print on Black Friday that was in stock, and according to the last email I got from them it probably won't ship till next month.  For something they have just sitting there in stock waiting to go out.

• 2 weeks later...

Lost is such a strange release... on one hand, the music is absolutely gorgeous, and I find it to be far better than the studio recordings. Plus the box and inner sleeves are all very nice. On the other, the talking between songs is a bit much... Especially the hokey “letters” on Side E. Along with the artwork, it seems like the album really is more of an album for the concert, than an album for Lost. Could have just cut out all the fluff and it would have been a much better release.