The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

According to Death Waltz they're not allowed to sell to the US or France. I guess Mondo wasn't supposed to sell to the UK or France, but they did. Don't know if they just said "fuck it" or what? Licensing deals and all. I have both coming, worked out some international buddy system action.

Not to be a skeptic, but I wonder how many people really WANT the original Maniac. Like to really listen to. I'm sure plenty here. Not saying anyone here is a dick like that. But I'm sure so much of it's value is based on that it was the 1st Mondo LP and some people HAVE to be complete, even if they've never seen the film or care about the soundtrack. Anyway, that's enough of that.

I wonder if Mondo will do re-presses of any of these ever. I know some deals come with limited pressings, like the owners of the music only sign off on you doing so many. I also know Mondo might not be into that. It takes away from their whole "limited" marketing thing. It's a part of who they are. If they kept re-printing posters, they wouldn't sell out in seconds and I assume that's how the vinyl would work.

Also, on Mondo's numbering, I never paid attention. I know the order of releases, at least based on when they were up for order on the site, is Maniac, Beyond, Deadly Spawn, Poltergeist, Drive, Oblivion, Raid, Maniac. Not sure if they count the RSD varriants different. Also not sure why they'd skip numbers in sequence.

According to Death Waltz they're not allowed to sell to the US or France. I guess Mondo wasn't supposed to sell to the UK or France, but they did. Don't know if they just said "fuck it" or what? Licensing deals and all. I have both coming, worked out some international buddy system action.

Not to be a skeptic, but I wonder how many people really WANT the original Maniac. Like to really listen to. I'm sure plenty here. Not saying anyone here is a dick like that. But I'm sure so much of it's value is based on that it was the 1st Mondo LP and some people HAVE to be complete, even if they've never seen the film or care about the soundtrack. Anyway, that's enough of that.

I wonder if Mondo will do re-presses of any of these ever. I know some deals come with limited pressings, like the owners of the music only sign off on you doing so many. I also know Mondo might not be into that. It takes away from their whole "limited" marketing thing. It's a part of who they are. If they kept re-printing posters, they wouldn't sell out in seconds and I assume that's how the vinyl would work.

Also, on Mondo's numbering, I never paid attention. I know the order of releases, at least based on when they were up for order on the site, is Maniac, Beyond, Deadly Spawn, Poltergeist, Drive, Oblivion, Raid, Maniac. Not sure if they count the RSD varriants different. Also not sure why they'd skip numbers in sequence.

They didn't I have the picture disc Drive and GITD Poltergeist, and they're the same catalog numbers.

They skipped because they probably had stuff int he works and pegged for that, but the paperwork came through for the licensing before other stuff, idk. Pure guesswork on that.

I really do want it.  I absolutely love the original film along with the soundtrack.  It's one of my most wanted albums right now actually.

Because they only have the rights to sell it in the US. Hamburger Records only has the rights to France. Death Waltz has the rights everywhere BUT the US and France.

Mondo never should have allowed orders outside the US in the first place. Death Waltz was careful with their Maniac, and didn't let any US or French customers buy.

My Mondo order got cancelled . they can't ship this outside the USA.

Anyone want to sell me one :-)

I wrote them an email 2 weeks or so ago, to ask if they'll ship to germany. Here's the answer I got:

"Hi Andi - You are more than welcome to purchase a MANIAC vinyl from us online when they are released and we will definitely ship it to you! Death Waltz has European distribution rights and we have US distribution rights, but that has to do with where our distributor can place our records in physical record stores. When our MANIAC vinyl is in record stores, it will only be available in the US. But for our online release, you are welcome to purchase from us and we can ship our version to you in Europe.

I hope this makes sense and clarifies things a bit! Please let me know if you have any further questions. Thanks and take care!

Eric"