The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

is there a ship date posted anywhere for the maniac OST? I haven't seen one anywhere

Some have already shipped.

Mine has not.

Edit: Reached out - they said the rest will be shipping this week and next.

Also they said "shipping the 6,000+ orders for this record" so, maybe a clue at how many were pressed? WHich if true is impressive for a few-hours sell-out.

Some have already shipped.

Mine has not.

Edit: Reached out - they said the rest will be shipping this week and next.

Also they said "shipping the 6,000+ orders for this record" so, maybe a clue at how many were pressed? WHich if true is impressive for a few-hours sell-out.

Theres no way they sold that many on their website. Id bet theyre including orders made by record stores as well.

Theres no way they sold that many on their website. Id bet theyre including orders made by record stores as well.

I have no idea what it would mean. Could have been a simple exaggeration to avoid any further badgering by me for tracking info. Could have been an estimate. Could have been about how many were pressed total... .Who knows.

I think they lie about some stuff. Like saying there were only 5 copies of The Raid to get it to finally sell out.

6000 is more than Drive online sales by about double...

I feel the same way about Mondo's business practices. Maniac sold out twice? 3 times? Same number of sellouts for Oblivion too right?

If they list it as soldout then when it reappears, people will tend to jump on it and snatch it up right away.

I have no idea what it would mean. Could have been a simple exaggeration to avoid any further badgering by me for tracking info. Could have been an estimate. Could have been about how many were pressed total... .Who knows.

Yeah, who knows with them? I just really have a hard time believing they sold 6k copies of this soundtrack in a few hours. Maybe they meant 600? I think that number is much more likely.

Agreed - no way - but here's the copypasta:

We are working on shipping all 6,000 + orders for this record out at this time. I cannot say if we will get to yours this week or next, but we will be shipping it to you as quickly as we can.

As soon as we ship your order to you we will send you a confirmation.

Best,

Sophie