The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

Has to be the packaging. And vinyl seems to be gaining popularity more & more so companies know they can charge more & people will pay.

Only Coraline has the extra packaging... Which they seem to be charging $2 extra for. But like you said, they get away with it because suckers like me will be buying it regardless.

The price would be easier to swallow if all copies were coloured (death waltz, waxwork).. Or if there was a cheaper black version (one way static)

Just looked closely and they're both two pocket jackets, chill.

I am cool as a cucumber, friend. I saw the sleeves as well, but I've never seen a Mondo blog post for a 2xLP that didn't feature both platters in the photo or name the release as a double album. I'll happily stand corrected, but I'm growing weary of the Mondo pricing/variant chase/inflated shipping model.

I am cool as a cucumber, friend. I saw the sleeves as well, but I've never seen a Mondo blog post for a 2xLP that didn't feature both platters in the photo or name the release as a double album. I'll happily stand corrected, but I'm growing weary of the Mondo pricing/variant chase/inflated shipping model.

Yeah a lot of the 2xLP releases only have one LP pictured in the blog posts. Poltergeist, Oblivion, The Raid, and these two.

same here. except halloween. and now the omen. But I would have thought buying 4 was a really good chance.

Hey man, I'm sorry you didn't get a Omen chase after buying 4. We really try to help everyone who buys multiples, but with the original chase striped record getting messed up we were left only with the <200 copies of the mark of the beast version to go around for the whole edition. Shoot me an e-mail [email protected], let me see if I can help.

Glad someone from Mondo finally decided to jump on the boards. :)

I'm glad to be here! I'm an avid record collector, and used to tour in the pop-punk scene as a tour manager so this is totally my scene. But what people say about us on poster forums is so intimidating, I was always fearful of peeking on this thread. I apologize for not working up the courage sooner. I'm around now, please let me know if you guys ever have any questions. I'll try to be as transparent as I can :) 

These are both 2XLPs, I promise. We are experimenting with how to properly present the records, and we found that showing one disc is a little more aesthetically pleasing than staging both in one photo. Coraline was a little bit more expensive to manufacture, hence the price increase. 

Hey, scrap your "randomly inserted vinyl" and let the first orders get the opportunity to snag the variant.  Just don't tell anyone how many variants you actually have to go around and you'll still get the same number of orders.  Trust me, it's a better idea.

These are both 2XLPs, I promise. We are experimenting with how to properly present the records, and we found that showing one disc is a little more aesthetically pleasing than staging both in one photo. Coraline was a little bit more expensive to manufacture, hence the price increase.

A great way to "present" them would be to list the number of records in your page long blog post. Also, you should post soundclips more frequently. Blue Sunshine and HCTD would've sold much better if people knew what they were getting into. They are great scores. We're starting to see less and less Mondo releases sell out just because they are Mondo (the last four are still for sale), so improving up to the very basic standards of other record companies' release info would probably benifit sales. I suspect your very presence on boards like this one is a tacit acknowledgement of that. And that's not a criticism, its a compliment.

I'm glad to be here! I'm an avid record collector, and used to tour in the pop-punk scene as a tour manager so this is totally my scene. But what people say about us on poster forums is so intimidating, I was always fearful of peeking on this thread. I apologize for not working up the courage sooner. I'm around now, please let me know if you guys ever have any questions. I'll try to be as transparent as I can :)

What bands did you tour manage for?

A great way to "present" them would be to list the number of records in your page long blog post. Also, you should post soundclips more frequently. Blue Sunshine and HCTD would've sold much better if people knew what they were getting into. They are great scores. We're starting to see less and less Mondo releases sell out just because they are Mondo (the last four are still for sale), so improving up to the very basic standards of other record companies' release info would probably benifit sales. I suspect your very presence on boards like this one is a tacit acknowledgement of that. And that's not a criticism, its a compliment.

Seriously, thank you for your honesty. And you are right, we are trying to improve all around.