The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

It is The Visitor (1979) to go along with the poster that Jay Shaw did for them a while back. It was heavily yellow and red if memory serves. Also The Visitor is out on blu-ray from Drafthouse Films which is affiliated with Mondo via the Alamo Drafthouse. Definitely stoked for this one. Funky as hell, son.

Hey, new to the thread and collecting vinyl (came at this through Mondo print collecting!). Always been a big soundtrack fan and now I plan on picking up a few of the Mondo releases. Currently have Paranorman, Coraline, Ghibli and Drive but wondered what people's opinions of the more obscure soundtracks were? And what Mondo releases specifically you would recommend. 

Not a massive horror fan as I just can't understand when people listen to the soundtracks but at tempted to pick up The Omen.... Interested to see people's thoughts. Cheers.

Hey, new to the thread and collecting vinyl (came at this through Mondo print collecting!). Always been a big soundtrack fan and now I plan on picking up a few of the Mondo releases. Currently have Paranorman, Coraline, Ghibli and Drive but wondered what people's opinions of the more obscure soundtracks were? And what Mondo releases specifically you would recommend. 

Not a massive horror fan as I just can't understand when people listen to the soundtracks but at tempted to pick up The Omen.... Interested to see people's thoughts. Cheers.

Buy Oblivion.

It makes me sad that no one else enjoys The Raid soundtrack as much as I do :(. Might possibly be my favorite

I dig it. Underrated, IMO.

The only Mondo score I haven't listened to. I bought one copy to be a completest, got the smoke variant, and never opened it again. Love the film, but I can't see myself enjoying the music outside of viewing the picture.

Not a massive horror fan as I just can't understand when people listen to the soundtracks but at tempted to pick up The Omen.... 

This is such an idiotic statement. Especially since Mondo's horror film soundtracks are among the most interesting musically. John Carpenter, Fabio Frizzi, Jay Chattaway, etc. How do you get any better?

This is such an idiotic statement. Especially since Mondo's horror film soundtracks are among the most interesting musically. John Carpenter, Fabio Frizzi, Jay Chattaway, etc. How do you get any better?

Because anyone who has different musical taste than you is obviously stupid. I'm sorry, who made the idiotic statement?

By not listening to any horror movie soundtrack, almost all of which are lame, due to horror movies being mostly horrible.

I am not the biggest horror movie fan, but John Carpenter's scores are excellent. The Beyond is fantastic as well. I also like the Ghibli comp so I'm clearly not the most biased listener. I have no issue listening to a score without dreaming in the film. There are plenty of movies I like, some with effective scores, that I have no interest in listening to on a regular basis. Conversely, there are many films I'm not particularly fond of with scores I spin on the regular. Church and State, Lil Mondos. Church and State.