The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

Yeah I'm trying to pick up The Omen, regular JP and an Amber version. I think it's gonna have to be 2 orders but I'm not really sure.

If you're doing 3 albums.  Do a single order for the Amber first, then go back and do a 2nd order for The Omen and JP regular.  You'll have plenty of time for The Omen and JP regular.

You could order Coraline right now though right? And then just order JP when it drops.

You could do that, then just sent them a note after the fact asking them to combine shipping on both orders and they will get you sorted.  If you have more than 2 records though, you'll have to pay an additional $7 for every 2 records you purchase.

Yeah, someone already addressed that. However, that doesn't make sense (the reasoning). If I ordered 30 records, all they have to do is multiply 7 by 15 and ship the records in 15 separate mailers. Having a flat shipping rate is pointless if customers are forced to make separate orders to get everything they want.

Regardless if it makes sense or not, it's the way it is.  I'm just trying to give people accurate information so they know what to expect.

Today is a pretty big drop.  People need to stop worrying about ordering records that have been sitting in the store for weeks.  You can always contact their customer service afterwards and they can get you sorted on any and all shipping inquiries, they do give shipping refunds for combined orders when you request it.  Just make sure every order only has 2 records maximum in it.

Regardless if it makes sense or not, it's the way it is.  I'm just trying to give people accurate information so they know what to expect.

You should probably make a separate thread for relevant information. We shouldn't forget about people that want things, but not enough to do any research. 

yeah, and I just did that.  Sucks to have to drop an extra $7, but I didn't want to take a chance.

Ask their customer service to combine your 2 orders, after you buy the JP. 

You should probably make a separate thread for relevant information. We shouldn't forget about people that want things, but not enough to do any research. 

We all expected that this was coming today.  You're welcome for handling all of this. :P

To the guy asking about Twitter. A lot of people just refresh the website between 11:30am and 12:00 EST waiting for the items to pop-up.

But generally, keeping an eye in here or the Twitter should be fine.

Here's what you do, step by step.  Go create a Mondo account right now.  From 11:30 and 12:00 EST, sit in front of your computer (make sure you go pee pee beforehand).  Hit F5 on the vinyl page as fast as your little fingers can handle (or as fast as your browser can refresh).  Once the item you want pops up, click on it.  You've already put yourself at a massive disadvantage if you're waiting for a Tweet and/or someone to post that "it's up" on here.

Guest deleted

You don't know their financial position. If lending someone $5 can help them grab a record they really want, what's the problem? Get off your high horse.

If their financial position is that rough that they couldn't gather up the full cost in the months leading up to this release, they probably shouldn't be buying it today.  But it was just a flippant comment (aka my opinion) that it's pretty wack… kinda like people who ask to bum smokes from strangers. That's all.

And I would never get my horse high.

Guest deleted

you said it yourself though… THINK OF THE "REAL ESTATE" ON THE FRONT PAGE THAT WOULD TAKE UP!!!

Here's what you do, step by step.  Go create a Mondo account right now.  From 11:30 and 12:00 EST, sit in front of your computer (make sure you go pee pee beforehand).  Hit F5 on the vinyl page as fast as your little fingers can handle (or as fast as your browser can refresh).  Once the item you want pops up, click on it.  You've already put yourself at a massive disadvantage if you're waiting for a Tweet and/or someone to post that "it's up" on here.

Good call on the "create an account." Wouldn't have done that otherwise. 

Me too.

False. 90% of Mondo drops fall between 11:50-12:00.  You account for the extra time 11:30-12:15 on the rare chance they wake up early or something.  Can't remember the last time I've seen a drop fall between 11:15-11:30.

I've followed hundreds of these Mondo drops, trust me.