The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

People are actually serious with this response? You pay $40 for a record, you shouldn't have to glue the damn thing together yourself

No, it's just much easier than notifying them and having to return it. More common sense than anything.

Nobody is disagreeing that Mondo shouldn't be forced to replace it.

People are actually serious with this response? You pay $40 for a record, you shouldn't have to glue the damn thing together yourself

You're right. He should make the company pay for shipping again because of an extremely slight and very fixable mistake.

(Very fixable, as long as you know somebody who is a professional gluer, anyway)

I guess it's unreasonable to expect a $40 album jacket to arrive intact. I'm sure some of the "just superglue it" people wouldn't do it if they were in the same situation. 

This isn't some $12 Bon Iver record that I wouldn't mind gluing. It's a limited edition collector's album that was expensive. I didn't buy a DIY project, and it's apparently in bad taste to ask for a jacket that is glued properly.

Edit: I'm not mad at Mondo or anything, they're in the process of helping me out. It's just that for some reason it seems like I'm being ridiculed for not wanting to glue a brand new record.

Elmer's Disappearing Purple School Glue Sticks, .21 oz, 6 Pack (E1560) by Elmer's

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00143UIC2/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_X8oOtb1350FVK

You could buy 96 glue sticks for the price of this release, FYI

Edit: guaranteed to get purple, even if you only buy one pack!

I guess it's unreasonable to expect a $40 album jacket to arrive intact. I'm sure some of the "just superglue it" people wouldn't do it if they were in the same situation.

This isn't some $12 Bon Iver record that I wouldn't mind gluing. It's a limited edition collector's album that was expensive. I didn't buy a DIY project, and it's apparently in bad taste to ask for a jacket that is glued properly.

Edit: I'm not mad at Mondo or anything, they're in the process of helping me out. It's just that for some reason it seems like I'm being ridiculed for not wanting to glue a brand new record.

Welcome to VC, friend. People are teasing you because you're taking this whole thing so damn seriously. We get it, it's an expensive record that should have shown up intact. The users who suggested you try the DIY fix were simply trying to save you some time and hassle. Getting angry and downvoting everyone isn't going to get you too far with this crowd...

It's not in bad taste to ask Mondo for a replacement. You're obviously missing the point here. It's incredibly inconvenient on your part to ask for a replacement for such a simple fix that any child could do. Honestly, as long as you're not a massive moron (which unfortunately I'm starting to realize may very well be the case), you could fix it and literally nobody would be able to tell the difference.

FYI, when you get your replacement in the mail, don't take your "collectors item" out of the shrink wrap, it lowers it's value.

You guys are so lame most of the time. If this was timbrh or someone else that's regular in this thread and they came in here saying their jacket was falling apart you would all sympathize with him/her. Give this dude a break. You guys make collecting pretty lame. The way the first person brought up the whole glue thing wasn't like he was giving him an alternative but saying that's the way to do it. If he wants to deal with the hassle of sending it back then so be it!

I love how Justin Cole's flipper ass continues to obsess over me.

How many Ambers did you manage to flip this time? You out of anyone shouldn't be giving us lectures on "helping people out" on this fuckin thread. You'd rather take people for their money to help pay for your cat's vaginal reconstructive surgery.

I have had you blocked. You should have just taken that as an opportunity to let it go yet you continue to obsess and try to start shit. Did you think I wasn't gonna look after you made 2 posts after mine? You also took a shot at me last week that someone happened to quote which I basically decided to ignore.

So how many Ambers have you flipped? We all know you're not actually here for listening purposes... Using the Mondo thread for your little flipper business as usual. Good money to be made for your sickly cat huh? Woe is you.

Fuck it. I'm gluing it. I have the amber coming in anyway.

The easiest solution is to build a time machine, travel back a few weeks and make sure the pressing plant doesn't miss gluing the flap of the copy which will eventually ship to you.

I can't believe no one has suggested this already...

If I might pry, what are they doing to help?  

Elmer's Disappearing Purple School Glue Sticks, guaranteed to get purple, even if you only buy one pack!

Nailed it.

You guys are so lame most of the time. If this was timbrh or someone else that's regular in this thread and they came in here saying their jacket was falling apart you would all sympathize with him/her. Give this dude a break. You guys make collecting pretty lame. The way the first person brought up the whole glue thing wasn't like he was giving him an alternative but saying that's the way to do it. If he wants to deal with the hassle of sending it back then so be it!

If he doesn't want our opinion then he shouldn't have explained his situation. This argument works both ways, you guys defending him are making a huge deal out of nothing.

Turning "Glue it" into "Oh you're ridiculing and demeaning" is ridiculous.

Actually I got the Paranorman splatter and haze and the Coraline variant and have spun them regularly. I also got an amber jurassic park and hopefully a variant and I won't be selling any. If you ask most of the people on VC they will tell you that I regularly sell records on here and most of the time they are under cost. I have had over a 100 people leave me feedback on my page and I've never left anyone in the dirt. I hit gold with those drive soundtracks. I'd be stupid not to sell them. I came into this thread to help out and everyone gave me crap so that was the turning point and I just said screw it. Those albums are the only records I've ever flipped. I've helped out lots of people on VC and timbrh you're the only person I've come across in here that I absolutely can't stand. You have the most elitist attitude and I just hate seeing when you post. You were in such a tissy before Jurassic Park dropped because someone didn't agree with you on the time of the drop. Don't talk about how you don't complain about the "mundane" stuff. You're the VC star of being a hypocrite.

Actually I got the Paranorman splatter and haze and the Coraline variant and have spun them regularly. I also got an amber jurassic park and hopefully a variant and I won't be selling any. If you ask most of the people on VC they will tell you that I regularly sell records on here and most of the time they are under cost. I have had over a 100 people leave me feedback on my page and I've never left anyone in the dirt. I hit gold with those drive soundtracks. I'd be stupid not to sell them. I came into this thread to help out and everyone gave me crap so that was the turning point and I just said screw it. Those albums are the only records I've ever flipped. I've helped out lots of people on VC and timbrh you're the only person I've come across in here that I absolutely can't stand. You have the most elitist attitude and I just hate seeing when you post. You were in such a tissy before Jurassic Park dropped because someone didn't agree with you on the time of the drop. Don't talk about how you don't complain about the "mundane" stuff. You're the VC star of being a hypocrite.

Then put me on ignore you little crybaby bitch. All you do is whine about me picking on you, I tell you I'm putting you on ignore, then you continue to take shots at me after the constant whining about burying the hatchet between us.

You have 2 options here. I'll make it real simple for your little crybaby ass because you already had what you wanted but you just couldn't resist yourself, so...

A. Ignore my existence on here entirely, or...

B. I take you off my ignore list and I become your worst nightmare on here again.

Comprende?

And you want to accuse me of being VC's biggest hypocrite? LULZ.

Oh and there was no argument about drop time. I'm right so there's no argument to be had. Sometimes people that are hard headed need to be repeatedly told things in order for them to understand. I don't want people to be given bunk information. Lord knows you're probably using my tips to help your flipper business anyways, so in that regard, you're welcome.