The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

So bummed.. Harley Quinn was the only one I wanted. I checked every minute until the page showed the pre orders. I must have refreshed it 200 times. I put it in my cart, got to the PayPal page and then it sends me back saying they're sold out. I guess my connection was too slow and someone grabbed the one I was getting before I could complete my order.

I would love to get my hands on the HQ but I'm not supporting the flippers on Ebay jacking the price up over $100.

So was Andrew Lucas flipping when he went to the Halloween Even and bought all of those event exclusive Halloween releases to sell to the boards at cost? No.

Or when whoever it was went and bought a bung of Breaking Bad pic discs from HT stores to sell to folks on here who couldn't get them in stores near them? No.

It looks like its below cost if you account for shipping that you will have to pay for. $76 - $16 ($4 shipping x 4) = $60. If you paid $67 you are taking a loss. Good guy Shelby.

tl;dr not a flipper.

Yeah I'm losing like a dollar or something for each one, I'll probably change it to $22 to cover PayPal fees and the rest of shipping. Ah well.

Oh, you think Ishmael is your ally. But you merely adopted Mondo collecting; I was born in it, moulded by it. I didn’t see the Bay until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but BLINDING! The carts betray you because they belong to Ishmael.

I don't know if this is just the hangover talking, but post of the day for certain right here. Welcome to the board, young Shemper. Make yourself right at home.

I refreshed my phone and saw they had taken down some of their previous releases, cleaning up the store a little. Checked about 15 minutes later and everything was sold out except for Man Bat. Snagged that one while I could.

I, like most people, wanted the Harley Quinn. Anyone looking to trade a HQ for a Man Bat? Any Mondo collectors looking to trade one for a Studio Ghibli Spirited Away?

Hey, I don't know a ton about these releases, I've seen the Halloween soundtrack floating around at my local shop, though that was a while ago, but is it possible that the Jurassic Park may be out there? Don't care about variants, but would like to own this at a reasonable price. Any info would hep guys! Thanks.

Hey, I don't know a ton about these releases, I've seen the Halloween soundtrack floating around at my local shop, though that was a while ago, but is it possible that the Jurassic Park may be out there? Don't care about variants, but would like to own this at a reasonable price. Any info would hep guys! Thanks.

I doubt it, but I don't know how enterprising some shop might be or if it would even be worth doing for them if they had to buy it at retail price. From Mondo's post about this release:

"One thing of note: We are the exclusive vendor of this record. These will not be distributed to record stores so if you want a copy you have to grab one on our site beginning on June 11th."

http://blog.mondotees.com/2014/04/29/jurassic-park-original-motion-picture-soundtrack/