The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

I'm still trying for Gravity but all hope is virtually lost. People are doing funky shit with inventory to see how many are left/reserve copies... 2001 went from showing 3 left in stock, to showing 87, now showing 400 in stock. People are either hitting the checkout button to reserve copies or continually checking stock or both...

hey guys. i'm sorry if some of you missed out today. give us a few weeks, and send me an e-mail and if we have any left overs / cancellations i'll gladly help you out. especially if you got one last night and couldn't get one today.

As for someone selling 10 already on eBay, I can tell you that no one bought 10 copies at once. You can only check out with 2 at a time, which is a holdover from our previous site. But if someone went in and bought 5 orders of 2... that's a different story. And one that we don't see right now in our order history, but something we obviously need to be more mindful of in the future especially with smaller run items like this.

Not a flipper here. I've got one in my cart and it still won't let me checkout.

our backend says there is one left in inventory, and there has been for almost 25 minutes. don't know what's up with that. it should boot something from your cart automatically after a few minutes.

hey guys. i'm sorry if some of you missed out today. give us a few weeks, and send me an e-mail and if we have any left overs / cancellations i'll gladly help you out. especially if you got one last night and couldn't get one today.

As for someone selling 10 already on eBay, I can tell you that no one bought 10 copies at once. You can only check out with 2 at a time, which is a holdover from our previous site. But if someone went in and bought 5 orders of 2... that's a different story. And one that we don't see right now in our order history, but something we obviously need to be more mindful of in the future especially with smaller run items like this.

Thank you for getting back to us here! Its been a clusterfuck this morning and hearing from someone feels good! Hopefully I will be able to snag one of these with an e-mail to you guys! I've been on since these went up and couldn't get through with a single copy 

Question for people who were able to score a copy that was released from a cart: did you keep refreshing the Shopify error page? Keep returning to your cart and hitting checkout until it let you checkout? Or maybe removing the item, re-adding to cart and then checkout until it lets you purchase?

Feel free to PM me if you don't want to share publicly. Could use some advice as I'm not too familiar with Shopify's cart system!

Thanks for the info!  Will orders that got free shipping get canceled again?  

Well it officially sells SOLD OUT :/ I woke up early for nothing I guess, Mondo48MO what are the chances of you going through the last few pages of this thread and just sending a Paypal invoice to everyone who couldn't seem to get a copy through? (; I know VC would be beyond grateful! 

our backend says there is one left in inventory, and there has been for almost 25 minutes. don't know what's up with that. it should boot something from your cart automatically after a few minutes.

Just FYI, I've had one in my cart for 45 minutes, trying to check out. It's not booting anything from my cart.

And I was able to successfully check out with 3 copies of 2001 (not to flip). It just jumps the shipping up for every 1-2 copies in excess of the first 2. Seems conceivable (even if not true today) that someone could buy 10 copies, just paying 5x shipping.

Not this time. It wasn't too many, and we will be reaching out to those individuals and requesting funds before shipping them out.

That's good news. I managed to get an order in yesterday, then again today (with free international shipping as well), going for it a third time would be too much stress.