The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

Question for people who were able to score a copy that was released from a cart: did you keep refreshing the Shopify error page? Keep returning to your cart and hitting checkout until it let you checkout? Or maybe removing the item, re-adding to cart and then checkout until it lets you purchase?

Feel free to PM me if you don't want to share publicly. Could use some advice as I'm not too familiar with Shopify's cart system!

Pretty sure I tried all visible steps I could see and think of. Hit back or clicked cart and repeated checkout until it said completed. Emptied cart a couple times. Mostly just went back to cart and tried to complete checkout. Must have tried 20 times before it went through.

This guy would know: Mondo48Mo,

I'm at FFF right now. Does anyone know if I get 2001 off of their site can I stop by their gallery and physically grab my copy?

We don't have them at the Gallery for pick up. Order one online, and send me an e-mail [email protected], and I can mark it for Gallery pick up. We can have them avail for as early as tomorrow, and we will refund your postage upon pick up

Just FYI, I've had one in my cart for 45 minutes, trying to check out. It's not booting anything from my cart.

And I was able to successfully check out with 3 copies of 2001 (not to flip). It just jumps the shipping up for every 1-2 copies in excess of the first 2. Seems conceivable (even if not true today) that someone could buy 10 copies, just paying 5x shipping.

That makes sense. We're still hammering out all of the fine-tuning on our backend for the new site. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

That makes sense. We're still hammering out all of the fine-tuning on our backend for the new site. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

An easy solution to this would be to limit purchases to 2 per household fair and square, at least for drops of 1,000 or less, and cancel all orders made if someone tries to order more. Many Web store do that.

You can only check out with 2 at a time, which is a holdover from our previous site. But if someone went in and bought 5 orders of 2... that's a different story. And one that we don't see right now in our order history, but something we obviously need to be more mindful of in the future especially with smaller run items like this.

If its technically possible, it'd be good to see you limiting your smaller run vinyl releases such as this one to one copy per customer, especially those releases that you know are going to be popular. Seems much fairer if more poeple can get a single copy than have people miss out completely while others grab two.

For sure. Tons of positives with the new site, and I'm sure everyone realizes it's a work in progress. I think a true limit on vinyl to two copies per order (or one total for more limited items), plus quicker disabling of the ability to add an item to your cart once it has sold out, would address a lot of the frustrations. Thanks so much for paying attention to our whining!

I had the same experience as you Fondfarewell, I checked out easy peasy very quickly with three items and it bumped the shipping price up for me but didn't limit me to two per order. So, I suspect you're correct and you could have ordered as many copies as you wanted.

I'm not sure if it is a feature or a bug but it would be nice if Add to Cart was not available unless you could actually complete the checkout process. Even if it meant you could no longer use Add to Cart as a way to check remaining inventory. 

Haha, it's weird they only do promotions and items in certain areas for limited amounts of time. It's dumb. Although I'm grateful. They were DELICIOUS.

They're a thing over seas. Hopefully we will be getting them here..

Also someone tell US McDonalds to get on the veggie burger kick like McDonalds Asia.

They're a thing over seas. Hopefully we will be getting them here..

Also someone tell US McDonalds to get on the veggie burger kick like McDonalds Asia.

They used to have them (at least in Canada) for a very short window, in perhaps the early 2000s. I recall one time I was able to get them to do a veggie Big Mac for me. Sadly, they were gone soon after, and that remains my only Big Mac over the past 15 years...