The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

there's still over 800/1000 of the metal iron giant... methinks that'll get a price drop

Only thing preventing this would be the process of having to refund a portion of all their previous sales. There would be so much butt hurt if they lowered the cost after people paid full price for it last month.

Spoke to Mo about the JP vinyl and damn are those guys having a bad run of luck with that record.

Suffice to say that Mo was super apologetic about it and they'll fulfil the orders as soon as they can. I don't mind waiting, I know how it is when things don't go quite to plan.

Did he happen to give you any sort of a timeframe? My guess would be sometime in the first quarter of 2015. Not a huge deal but definitely still a bummer. 

Did he happen to give you any sort of a timeframe? My guess would be sometime in the first quarter of 2015. Not a huge deal but definitely still a bummer. 

Considering the board of blanked out DW and Mondo planned 2015 releases that Deathwaltz's instagram posted, I wonder if they will ever be able to get to that at all. It's just really unfortunate that this type of stuff wasn't planned ahead in case there were issues with certain records.

Considering the board of blanked out DW and Mondo planned 2015 releases that Deathwaltz's instagram posted, I wonder if they will ever be able to get to that at all. It's just really unfortunate that this type of stuff wasn't planned ahead in case there were issues with certain records.

I don't wanna speak for Mo, in case I have any of the facts wrong, but it does sound like there has been a totally legitimate and really-difficult-to-forsee issue at the plant they used for JP, but it WILL be rectified, but the timeline is difficult to tell at the moment.

Mo did seem legitimately bummed that there are people still on the line for these things, and I certainly got the impression that they're working hard to resolve it.

there's still over 800/1000 of the metal iron giant... methinks that'll get a price drop

I hope so. I'm thinking $50-75 is a good price and I don't know if 800 would sell at $75 with or without a variant record.

Can't believe there's around 200 people paying $150 for this...

Was it $150 at Mondocon? I guess they sold about 100 there.

Spoke to Mo about the JP vinyl and damn are those guys having a bad run of luck with that record.

Suffice to say that Mo was super apologetic about it and they'll fulfil the orders as soon as they can. I don't mind waiting, I know how it is when things don't go quite to plan.

Thank you, sir, for that update.

Also, it sounds like Mondo will get UK/EU distribution through Republic of Music in 2015. Hopefully that will help render the import tariffs moot for folks ordering from overseas.

That certainly is very cool. I just hope the price doesn't go up as a result (happens over here a lot).

As long as Mondo records stay around Death Waltz current prices, I'm a happy bunny.

Got my Gravity Space Foil edition today. What a beautiful release. Only downside is is that there is a gash in the c-side, looks like it was from a box cutter or something, that obviously effects play. I've contacted Mondo about it to hopefully get a replacement disc. Really hope I get to keep the original disc for looks though because the swirl on that particular disc is probably the best looking disc I've gotten from Mondo. Looks like a blue version of some of the macro photography effects in The Fountain. 

Mondo emailed me back and they're sending me another Pet Sematary free of charge, since the variant I got was scratched like crazy. So far, for me, their customer service has been amazing.

Hate to do this in this thread, but if anyone wants a Pet Sematary variant, I'm selling mine at cost ($42). It's got a somewhat/barely audible scratch on the b-side, but everything sounds great.

Are you trying to sell the "scratched like crazy" copy or the free copy you received? Either way it's fucked up.