The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

Damn that sucks. You should probably wait until it is released and see if cheaper copies start popping up.

Yeah, thats usually what happens I'll probably eventually grab a black for $45 to be safe since they are both sold out on the site anyways and wait til they actually released and try and find a cheapish variant. People are already trying to sell Mondo Jurassic World OST Variant on ebay for $75-100 luckily no ones bought one yet.

Feel free to give some examples of better priced 4xLP box sets. The only one I can think of off the top of my head is Zaireeka and that was also $75. 4xLPs that don't come packaged in a similar manner don't count.

The only one I can think of is the Grand Theft Auto V Boxset 6XLP that was $79.99. So yeah maybe a little pricey but I'm not complaining.

Why would that appear here: http://mondotees.com/blogs/news/50310339-introducing-mondo-music-group

but not here: http://us9.campaign-archive1.com/?u=bbb7f7cd76c446096ce10efb2&id=8d8cd74999

I found it, but you gotta see how that was confusing

Because the latter posting is just about this week's drops; they do those for every batch of releases. The former link is the news update summarizing their new naming venture and status updates. Army of Darkness won't be going up this week, probably in the next couple of months, along with Alien.

I was hoping today's news would finally bring a concrete Twin Peaks update.

Because the latter posting is just about this week's drops; they do those for every batch of releases. The former link is the news update summarizing their new naming venture and status updates. Army of Darkness won't be going up this week, probably in the next couple of months, along with Alien.

I was hoping today's news would finally bring a concrete Twin Peaks update.

Hmmm, you make too much sense for my inferior thinker. Also, some Twin Peaks news would be awesome right about now.

is THE LAST OF US - OST a limited release? i'd be willing to try to snag someone a copy if there's a chance of it selling out. i'll personally be going after a copy of THE STRANGE COLOUR OF YOUR BODY'S TEARS release.

Pretty sure earlier in the thread someone posted a tweet of theirs that said it was limited, but that they have "quite a few copes," and that it should be easy to snag yourself a copy on the release date.

Hey Mo, if you're reading this - is international shipping on TLOU going to be a killer?

Sadly, yes. I don't know how to avoid this. It's over 4lbs, so if you know anything about international shipping using the post office, once it goes over 4Lbs, it becomes Priority shipping - which is killer costly.

Its something that if you guys have a creative solution to I would be willing to hear - meaning, obviously I want to help you guys out as best I can - if you have pals in the states who can ship to- or someone across the pond is willing to receive a few in bulk and can distribute...  I don't know what is the best solution, but be prepared, to have one single shipped is very pricey (this goes for Canada as well)

Hmmm, you make too much sense for my inferior thinker. Also, some Twin Peaks news would be awesome right about now.

Full transparency, I wish I had an update. It's still coming. Vinyl production is so all over the place. Every license is different, and this one has just been one of those licenses that moves so slow there honestly hasn't been any news to share.

It's still happening. That's much I can say. And it's going to be good. But like some people are speculating, I would be prepared to wait for a little while longer. It's not going to just sneak up. We'll let you know as soon as we have a firm date.

Its something that if you guys have a creative solution to I would be willing to hear - meaning, obviously I want to help you guys out as best I can - if you have pals in the states who can ship to- or someone across the pond is willing to receive a few in bulk and can distribute...  I don't know what is the best solution, but be prepared, to have one single shipped is very pricey (this goes for Canada as well)

Not sure how possible it is from your side, but the best solution would be: amazon. They have insanely cheap international shipping and since many previous Mondo releases have popped up there before, I guess it could be doable.

I've been waiting for the last of us for so long. But 75$ Plus whatever shipping is going to be. Then converting that to Canadian. This release is going to be brutal. I don't know if I'll be able to justify it.

I completely understand. The Canadian shipping thing really bites. I can tell you this release isn't us gouging. This is an expensive piece to create. If you'd like, please e-mail me at [email protected] and let's see if we can come up with a creative solution to getting you a copy in Canada without killing you on the postage.

Not sure how possible it is from your side, but the best solution would be: amazon. They have insanely cheap international shipping and since many previous Mondo releases have popped up there before, I guess it could be doable.

Having Amazon fulfill our orders isn't an option unfortunately. They buy from our wholesaler, and we aren't wholesaling this title (because of the high price point - similar to why we never wholesaled Looper)

I really wish USPS and UPS and FedEx offered those shipping prices to other retailers, but it's really all about shipping volume - something we can't quite compete with. 

Having Amazon fulfill our orders isn't an option unfortunately. They buy from our wholesaler, and we aren't wholesaling this title (because of the high price point - similar to why we never wholesaled Looper)

I really wish USPS and UPS and FedEx offered those shipping prices to other retailers, but it's really all about shipping volume - something we can't quite compete with. 

Yeah, I figured that if amazon was an option, you'd already think of it. Other than that, I really have no idea. Maybe if the shipping ends up extremely high, it might be cheaper to send it in two separate packages (for example the box and two LPs in one package and the insert plus two LPs in the second), but I can imagine that pulling apart boxsets for hundreds of orders and ensuring that everything arrives safely would be an impossible feat.

Sadly, yes. I don't know how to avoid this. It's over 4lbs, so if you know anything about international shipping using the post office, once it goes over 4Lbs, it becomes Priority shipping - which is killer costly.

Damn. I suppose it's not cheaper to post it in two parts?

Alternatively, the cheapest method I can think of would be to send a whole bunch to Spencer's shop Transmission for sale there. They can probably ship to Europe a lot cheaper than you guys, right?

I completely understand. The Canadian shipping thing really bites. I can tell you this release isn't us gouging. This is an expensive piece to create. If you'd like, please e-mail me at [email protected] and let's see if we can come up with a creative solution to getting you a copy in Canada without killing you on the postage.

For all you other Canadian guys, when Mondo has something coming out that I want, try sell some stuff and get some USD in your Paypal account. It really helps with the conversion and all that jazz. If you can't do that, I know paypal does use the option to use the banks conversion rates which are sometimes a bit better then the USA. 

As for getting the shipping to Canada cheaper, thats a tough one. I guess for me its a non-issue now because it's always been more expensive to ship to Canada, so I have never known anything cheaper. I guess one way would be to ship it in bulk to someone near the border and then do a little day trip to pick it up and then distribute from there. I know that would be a ton of work for one person but it has been done in the cases of Steelbooks etc. I know places like Montreal and Ottawa are pretty close to the border and might be easy to pick up on a weekend trip for someone. Out West we are close to Idaho and Montana. Not sure what the damage for a courier would be but if its anything like DHL, thats a nightmare I would like to avoid. Last Mondocon a buddy of mine in Texas shipped me the Metal Iron Giant, a test Press and 2001 and it came to $52 US and that was in a self made shipping box, so be prepared!