The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

Ahh! My wife pulled an "Andrew" on me. I paid bills but left $200 in the bank for TLOU and whatever else. Then today she went and spent $150 on hair extensions! If it doesn't last until Friday I'm fugged. I might need someone to pay for mine until I get paid on Friday.

Holy Shit I can literally feel your pain, anger and frustration! My Ex-GF used to spend $100 on a pair of pants $200 on fucking UGG Boots and I'm like you know we have bills right!? It totally fucked over so many releases because she'd blow all of our money I missed Thrice - The Alchemy Index Box Set because of her spending money and not telling me. That's why she is an EX. But damn hair extensions...and now your short on buying TLOU that's horrible. If I can sell any more of my records before it drops I'll pick you up a copy man.

For all you other Canadian guys, when Mondo has something coming out that I want, try sell some stuff and get some USD in your Paypal account. It really helps with the conversion and all that jazz. If you can't do that, I know paypal does use the option to use the banks conversion rates which are sometimes a bit better then the USA. 

As for getting the shipping to Canada cheaper, thats a tough one. I guess for me its a non-issue now because it's always been more expensive to ship to Canada, so I have never known anything cheaper. I guess one way would be to ship it in bulk to someone near the border and then do a little day trip to pick it up and then distribute from there. I know that would be a ton of work for one person but it has been done in the cases of Steelbooks etc. I know places like Montreal and Ottawa are pretty close to the border and might be easy to pick up on a weekend trip for someone. Out West we are close to Idaho and Montana. Not sure what the damage for a courier would be but if its anything like DHL, thats a nightmare I would like to avoid. Last Mondocon a buddy of mine in Texas shipped me the Metal Iron Giant, a test Press and 2001 and it came to $52 US and that was in a self made shipping box, so be prepared!

Any Canadian Mondo Fan That lives in or near the Ottawa, ONT area. I live in upstate new york on the St. Lawrence River I live 20 minutes away from the Canadian Border In Ogdensburg, NY and 20 Minutes away from the Canadian Border in Massena, NY. I'd be more than happy to help with the massive shipping cost issue and have however many people if any that are interested have The Last Of Us or anything for that matter shipped to me and I can meet you near the Border when it arrives. I can't even imagine what the International Shipping is going to be for this! So just putting that out there if anyone is interested just let me know. Goodluck!

I don't know if this is an option for anyone in Toronto, but I ship my stuff to my friend in MI. He comes over every 3 weeks or so and brings my purchases. Sadly, this will end in December. But I can probably help a fellow Torontonian with this release if they need it.

Hmmm. I'm interested in this if the offer is still good. Would you be able to PM me the details?

Holy Shit I can literally feel your pain, anger and frustration! My Ex-GF used to spend $100 on a pair of pants $200 on fucking UGG Boots and I'm like you know we have bills right!? It totally fucked over so many releases because she'd blow all of our money I missed Thrice - The Alchemy Index Box Set because of her spending money and not telling me. That's why she is an EX. But damn hair extensions...and now your short on buying TLOU that's horrible. If I can sell any more of my records before it drops I'll pick you up a copy man.

Thanks a lot! I'll see what I can do tomorrow. Maybe I can borrow cash from someone. As long as it's in my account before 9 pm tomorrow it will be in my account for Wednesday.

Wish we knew pressing numbers for it.

I love this place. Always good to see people helping others out for no reason other than the goodness of their heart. :wub:

Cant really see there's any way around it for us people in Europe unfortunately. I just added 2 of the metal iron giant variants to my cart out of interest and shipping cost for that came to $66. Needless to say my wallet is in the corner of the room crying. I can take the hit though. This is a one-off, and something I've been waiting a long time for!

Ahh! My wife pulled an "Andrew" on me. I paid bills but left $200 in the bank for TLOU and whatever else. Then today she went and spent $150 on hair extensions! If it doesn't last until Friday I'm fugged. I might need someone to pay for mine until I get paid on Friday.

I got you. Shoot me a text tomorrow and we'll figure it out.

I'm honestly glad it's on black wax. The packaging is going to be beautiful. Olly and Jay are incredible.

Yeah, I think the black looks beautiful with the box, but I can't help but imagine some kind of earthy green / brown / red marble type thing going on, reminiscent of the inner sleeve art work / infected colors.

But it's still an insta-buy even at that insane price.