The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

Put it this way - the Back to the Future record Ben was flipping for $500 could have been bought at mondocon by someone who actually wanted it for a reasonable price. Instead, someone who doesn't appreciate or want it (Ben) is making $450ish just by having it in his possession before anyone else could get to it.

What BTTF record?

Put it this way - the Back to the Future record Ben was flipping for $500 could have been bought at mondocon by someone who actually wanted it for a reasonable price. Instead, someone who doesn't appreciate or want it (Ben) is making $450ish just by having it in his possession before anyone else could get to it.

I still have the record...didn't sell it.  And I do want it.  If I would have sold it would not have made $450 profit...And ANYONE could have bought this at Mondo Con, they sat on the shelf all day.  But if you want it at "cost" feel free to buy tickets to the con next year + plane tickets + hotel + the cost of the record....I think it will cost you more than $500.

I still have the record...didn't sell it.  And I do want it.  If I would have sold it would not have made $450 profit...And ANYONE could have bought this at Mondo Con, they sat on the shelf all day.  But if you want it at "cost" feel free to buy tickets to the con next year + plane tickets + hotel + the cost of the record....I think it will cost you more than $500.

So if my favorite band that had broken up had one reunion show and it was in California and I live in New York. And they were selling a special Reunion Tour Vinyl at the show, by your logic it would be fair for someone to say sure I'll pick you up a copy but you gotta pay for the cost of the record and whatever it would have cost you for plane tickets to Cali, Hotel Costs and the cost of tickets to the concert. I believe something called shipping records does exist...but it could just be a myth.

i think it's funny that some VCers don't consider themselves flippers because they didn't "intend" to sell the album for a profit. as if somehow that makes a difference to the person buying it. so many posts like "i regrettably have to sell some of my vinyl/prints to make cash" and all their items are the same price as the people flipping it. i understand it helps them feel self-righteous about their cause, but when i buy a record from a "non-flipper" at "market" prices, i don't think they are any more of a sweetheart than the guy who intended to make a profit.

the people who sell their stuff for what they paid for it plus shipping - you da real mvp.

Because he's known to buy stuff with the sole intention of reselling it. There's a big difference. I don't want to carry on another discussion about this, because VC is full of discussions about this. Refer to virtually any thread with more than a hundred pages and you'll get both sides of the argument.

I knew it. I fucking knew it would start. Guys, let's just go back to complaining about not being on mondotees at 12:00 and posting about shipping notifications. 

So if my favorite band that had broken up had one reunion show and it was in California and I live in New York. And they were selling a special Reunion Tour Vinyl at the show, by your logic it would be fair for someone to say sure I'll pick you up a copy but you gotta pay for the cost of the record and whatever it would have cost you for plane tickets to Cali, Hotel Costs and the cost of tickets to the concert. I believe something called shipping records does exist...but it could just be a myth.

If you know someone that will go to the event and hook you up that is awesome!  Unfortunately for me to buy this record I had to fly to Austin ($300) to go to the convention ($90 ) and stay at a hotel ($250) and then buy the record ($100).  So no I did not go just for this one item, but I spent thousands of dollars on the trip in total.  Yes I did sell 5 items I bought there on ebay to help pay for the trip, it didn't cover  everything but it made it feesable for some one like me who doesn't have a huge salary to go on a fun little vacation and get some neat shit.   Would it have been more acceptable to this anti-flipper crowd if I just sat at home all weekend and didn't buy anything or sell anything yes.  Did the people who bought the stuff I "flipped" appreciate it, yes!  If no one flipped anything, then these items would only be available to the people who could make it to the show, and no matter how much you want to go to every special event it just isn't feasible.

But this is the internet, so I expect everyone to yell at me for selling my Halloween print for more than the original cost, and not a single comment about the free ticket/poster to the Halloween screening I gave away.  

C'est la vie

Anyways I shut up about it now, and you all can reply how ever you wish.