The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

been stoked for this release, and now that its here, im hesitate to order. I think mainly because im tired of spending money, and debating if I wanna stay in the OST game...but man I did love this movie.

If I were placing 1 "final" OST order, this would be the 1! Album of the year

Would be great if they put out a Apple variant later on

haha, I just logged in, added it to cart, and then closed out the window. I think I know what withdrawl feels like now.

I'm starting to get to this point myself. And I own at least 1 version of every bit of music Mondo has released - in other words I'm obsessed and they've had me hook, line and sinker. Would I have bought the Boxtrolls LP if anyone else had released it? Of course not. Not saying it's not a good soundtrack, but I've never even spun it. So this year with them releasing on average >1 LP a week, and pricy LPs at that, without every single thing being something that I *must* have and some of them I would never even listen to, or at most spin 1 time, I'm starting to convince myself to let go. They're over saturating the market if you ask me. There's something to be said about making people hungry for your every release by not dropping so much stuff constantly, and being more selective about what you release.

I know, who cares what I think, I'm not a Business major, and Mondo's sales will be just fine and continue to grow, but maybe I'm a canary in the coal mine. At least in terms of the market shifting from the diehard old school fans to a broader mass audience. I think there's danger in that as well - once this whole vinyl and soundtrack thing falls out of fashion, those folks will move on. And maybe I'm not looking at it clearly - there are plenty of soundtracks they've done all along the way that I don't listen to but own. I think it's the increased frequency of the releases that's really making it hit home for me at this point.

I'll still buy the stuff they put out that I really dig, but think I'm letting go of jumping on every drop.

Non-Mondo, but for any Legend fans out there, Flood Gallery (UK) just released Vance Kelly's regular and variant prints for the film. LP reissue can be bought thru Silva Screen in US but print is only in UK, so priceyyyy $$. I went for one for the wife as she is a huge fan...and the print is awesome. Cheers

http://www.thefloodgallery.com/search?q=Legend

Non-Mondo, but for any Legend fans out there, Flood Gallery (UK) just released Vance Kelly's regular and variant prints for the film. LP reissue can be bought thru Silva Screen in US but print is only in UK, so priceyyyy $$. I went for one for the wife as she is a huge fan...and the print is awesome. Cheers

http://www.thefloodgallery.com/search?q=Legend

Thats pretty cool.

Did they say when the flat stock sale stuff will ship? Hoping it will come in before the holidays as my order was a gift.

They said that in the interest of time they wouldn't combine orders, which would lead me to believe that they would be shipping them soon (they are all in-hand, after all). Lately Mondo has been weird about shipping, though. They are back to taking 6-8 weeks to get stuff out, and then I even had an order split up and only partially filled. Hopefully it gets there in time for you, but I haven't seen an estimated shipping day just yet.

Its for bosses day 2019. I should be good right?

I also ordered one of the batman prints from early november and it didnt say anything about not shipping right away. Still waiting onnthat. Ordered another batman print a few months prior and got it like 3 days later.

Honestly if they dont have it in hand or pretty damn close dont bother selling it.

When does that Ramona Flowers figure come out?

Didn't the booth at SDCC say August pre-orders?

No new news after SDCC. At least they didn't completely forget about it:

In the video blog above, I shared with you a look at a production sample of the First Turtle, as well as the packaging, a quick behind the scenes look at the 1/6 scale Skeletor figure, a bit of the Godzilla statue, and finally a last look at the Iron Giant before he ships.

Not mentioned in the video is the fact that before the end of the year, we’ll have two more items available - one right before Christmas, and the other… VERY soon. Let’s also not forget stuff like Hitchcock, Ramona Flowers, Batman: The Animated Series, MondoBalls (!!!), and so much more!

International shipping is down to only $10 as well (which is half of what it normally costs for one record). Kinda bummed I bought that Turbo Kid a couple of days ago. I did pick up all three standard BTTF releases though which I've been planning to after the new year, it was a $26 saving so it's all good. :)