The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

Why did you regret it?

Because that's the only thing you can ever do with them.

Can't really frame them or display them differently, makes it much bulkier to store if you get sick of them on the walls, kills collectability/resale value if you want to sell it down the road. And they seem durable, but you still have to be careful as they are prone to chipping or splitting at the corners if you drop or knock them (have a look at the edges on some mounted posters next time you're in a thrift store).

Because that's the only thing you can ever do with them.

Can't really frame them or display them differently, makes it much bulkier to store if you get sick of them on the walls, kills collectability/resale value if you want to sell it down the road. And they seem durable, but you still have to be careful as they are prone to chipping or splitting at the corners if you drop or knock them (have a look at the edges on some mounted posters next time you're in a thrift store).

I've seen the issue when dropping corners with some stock movie posters we blockmounted in my kids room.

I'm not at all worried about resale value, and I'm not sure how else I'd present the poster, I've never liked framed movie posters.

I'll keep mulling it over for the time being.

So how sacrilegious would be it if I got a poster blockmounted?

Depends on the poster.

You could just pay for a cheap reproduction to be blockmounted & then sell the original in a couple years if you think it will go up in value. The vast majority don't go up in value though.

I have all my Mondo movie posters in really ornate gaudy frames. I don't see too many others doing this but I think they look cool. I'm very tacky & have crappy tastes though.