The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

I might just be losing my mind but I swear I had seen something about a Newbury Comics exclusive variant of it on blue and black vinyl or something like that. They've been getting a lot of mondo presses on their own colorways so it wouldn't surprise me

That would be sweet, I know the Mondo/Newbury Comics pressing of Aliens looked pretty damn good.

I might just be losing my mind but I swear I had seen something about a Newbury Comics exclusive variant of it on blue and black vinyl or something like that. They've been getting a lot of mondo presses on their own colorways so it wouldn't surprise me

I did not know that. Aside from Aliens, what else have they had an exclusive on?

Sorda irrelevant, but maybe with all the horror fans reading this after today's drop...

Anybody got an extra copy of Maniac? Would LOVE a white, but would be happy with either.

I always liked the Death Waltz Maniac art/variants better personally.

it's also $45. Ouch.

Yeah, I just checked and with shipping Aliens came to $50.98 so it's like $9 more than your average record from Mondo. $50 is definetly pricey but I guess if Newbury does this is the future with more Mondo releases that sell out in no time then $9 more is better than Ebay, who knows maybe they'll lower the price a little haha yeah right. Lightintheattic.net also has Mondo/Death Waltz/Waxwork/Invada/Data Discs Vinyl for sale prices aren't much higher but alot of them aren't the Variants just regular black. But they have alot of records that are sold out on their original sites.

I always liked the Death Waltz Maniac art/variants better personally.

I love the mondo drawing of the girl getting scalped! I was pretty late to checking out the Maniac remake. Didn't see it until maybe like a year-year and a half ago, long after the vinyl was sold out.  I've actually never seen the original/heard the score. I assume the score is pretty similar?

I love the mondo drawing of the girl getting scalped! I was pretty late to checking out the Maniac remake. Didn't see it until maybe like a year-year and a half ago, long after the vinyl was sold out.  I've actually never seen the original/heard the score. I assume the score is pretty similar?

The Death Waltz release is the same score of the remake by Rob, but the score to the OG Maniac is different than the remake's and well worth your time. If you haven't seen the 1980 Maniac, treat yourself. It is gritty and perfect.

The Death Waltz release is the same score of the remake by Rob, but the score to the OG Maniac is different than the remake's and well worth your time. If you haven't seen the 1980 Maniac, treat yourself. It is gritty and perfect.

It's on my list. I'm definitely gonna check it out at some point. The remake was an A+ for me, enough to get my interest in the original. Plus I think I read Tom Savini worked on the original, which is always a treat.