The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2016 at 5:00 AM, hallowken78 said:

It's not bad, but didn't seem special to me either.  Maybe I'd dig it more and have a better connection if I watched the film and enjoyed it.  Seems that anytime Spencer hypes something up a lot it never meets my expectations - guess I've just got different tastes.

Same here. Sometimes I think he hypes up stuff that doesn't have a lot of it's own inertia, but sometimes it's definitely because it's a passion project for him.

On 6/2/2016 at 9:04 AM, redroom said:

I'd like to see the artwork because the cover really looks kinda simple.

When they say Jay Shaw killed it, I can also make killer artwork.

Haha. Friggin' Red. This score leaves me flat, but I love the artwork. For me, Shaw is far and away the most consistently good/interesting poster artist and package designer they use. Then again, I have a deep and abiding love for Czech, Polish, and Cuban movie poster art.

On another note, has anyone received Naked Lunch yet or grabbed a Dead Ringers today?

Edited by docbronze

14 hours ago, docbronze said:

Same here. Sometimes I think he hypes up stuff that doesn't have a lot of it's own inertia, but sometimes it's definitely because it's a passion project for him.

Haha. Friggin' Red. This score leaves me flat, but I love the artwork. For me, Shaw is far and away the most consistently good/interesting poster artist and package designer they use. Then again, I have a deep and abiding love for Czech, Polish, and Cuban movie poster art.

On another note, has anyone received Naked Lunch yet or grabbed a Dead Ringers today?

This blows my mind. Out of curiosity, hich Shaw covers are your favorite.

9 hours ago, jeffthomas84 said:

Had Naked Lunch for about a month. Great score/package... Bought DR today too

Thanks for the response, Jeff. Do you have the yellow or the black wax and how is the sound quality?

6 hours ago, BuzzersonKillwell said:

This blows my mind. Out of curiosity, hich Shaw covers are your favorite.

Hahaha! Which part blows your mind? The Shaw bit? He has many that I like, but the Shaw covers that leap to mind are The Visitor, Rosemary's Baby, and Blue Sunshine. His poster for Rocky III is straight fire. One of the best I've ever seen.

21 hours ago, docbronze said:

Hahaha! Which part blows your mind? The Shaw bit? He has many that I like, but the Shaw covers that leap to mind are The Visitor, Rosemary's Baby, and Blue Sunshine. His poster for Rocky III is straight fire. One of the best I've ever seen.

Yeah, the Shaw bit. I always find it amusing when someone has the exact opposite taste as me! Not to say either of us can be right or wrong in this case but Shaw's work is generally my least favorite, relative to the other artists they've used for LP art. 

58 minutes ago, slinch said:

seriously.

I swear to god I saw something, somewhere on Twitter yesterday saying that preorders for the Ramona figure would be going up this week.  I think it might've said Tuesday actually.  Can't seem to find where for the life of me now though...

Edited by FiggyPuddling

51 minutes ago, FiggyPuddling said:

I swear to god I saw something, somewhere on Twitter yesterday saying that preorders for the Ramona figure would be going up this week.  I think it might've said Tuesday actually.  Can't seem to find where for the life of me now though...

You guys made my week.

Would have said month, but I just got my masters degree about two weeks ago (with a graduation thesis titled Language of the North American Pop Culture in the Slovene Subtitle Translation: Scott Pilgrim vs. the World).

tumblr_m5qesxadSR1r2bzq4o1_400.gif

Edited by slinch

Really want the statue but its guaranteed to exceed my monthly fuck-you money.

Edit:

http://comicsalliance.com/mondo-scott-pilgrim-vs-the-world-ramona-figure/

$50 regular version, $55 Mondo Exclusive. Might be able to pick one of these up after all.

Edited by subplotofcrows