The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

Not sure if this was mentioned in any of the articles posted about Ramona, but @batman just texted me a screen shot from Twitter with Mondo saying that the regular variant will be up for "several weeks,"  The exclusive is for 72 hours (I know I read that part before at least).

Like I told him though, I'm REEEEALLY tempted to get the exclusive just cause I want little Scott.  But money's a little tight right now, so I may just wait it out and get the regular.

Picked up two exclusives, thinking I better have a replacement if I break something (because I'm a tool). Then realized a back-up standard would do just fine as the bag is the only difference. Then remembered it's only $5 difference so who cares.

Overseas shipping was also very reasonable, $29 for two pieces.

11 hours ago, ghost said:

Does anyone know if Mondo ever represses releases to meet demand? My intuition says nah.

Really want that Studio Ghibli record set, just not for $80+.

There's only one correct answer that our efforts should be directed at, and it's MOND-001 Maniac. 

31 minutes ago, slinch said:

I mean, they did do some random represses, but it was for reasons other than popular demand.

Just start a "Hayao Miyazaki" day, I'm sure they'll chime in with a record or two.

Can you elaborate, Slinch? I remember some represses, but I always associated them with demand/licensing ability. Except for The Omen which was, I think, messed up somehow.

Well there was the Gravity Space Foil variant released six months after the first press, , and the Shaun of the Dead OST got a "retail edition" a year after the initial pressing, and the Aliens Liquid Filled was released for alien day. No idea why the other two happened, but it wasn't due to demand, because there are many releases that would warrant a repress before them.

I think, though I could be wrong, that the Space Foil variant was created at the same time but was made available to the public six months later. The language on the site is a bit ambiguous as it reads: "We are also excited to premiere a never before released Space Foil version of our Gravity 2XLP Soundtrack. Along with the original version, we pressed 500 copies of an alternate color way of vinyl, and housed them in a Space Foil bag."

A few black copies also hit LiTA which really seemed like a repress but perhaps it was backstock held for replacements that had passed the "useful" date. If I were a betting man I wouldn't bet on Ghibli but I guess you never fucking know. 

Oh yeah, JP got a repress, though again for a JP event, and I think Superman was a similar deal. Like I said, we need a Miyazaki Day or a Ghibli Day. :D

Yeah, looks like they took a break with steelbooks, they haven't made any new announcements since last December, though I've been reading that #17 and #18 will be Avengers and Age of Ultron, done via Blufans from China. Seems to be all but confirmed.

I searched for Ghibli for what seemed like forever. Finally, I bit the bullet, saved my money and bought a copy off this site for $85 ppd. Was the best purchase I made. The records and sleeve were immaculate and the seller was awesome too. 

My advice is to keep on looking. Eventually one will show up. 

Edited by Barberbro