The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

2 minutes ago, jacobe said:

Anyone know the pressing on the 'Turbo Kid' as well? Contemplating picking it up, but may hold off if it's a large number and around for a bit. 

Well, Turbo looks to be sold out already. I was expecting  a large pressing that'd last a little while but apparently not. Damn.

5 minutes ago, lastvaultboy said:

What a bunch of pricks.

Why are they pricks? It wasn't limited to 1 and they are random releases so they are just increasing their odds of getting ones they want.

(also before anyone says anything I didn't buy any, I've seen what mondo had left after mondo con and didn't want to risk it with the few new additions post con).

7 minutes ago, jacobe said:

What was the pressing on this? 

Anyone know the pressing on the 'Turbo Kid' as well? Contemplating picking it up, but may hold off if it's a large number and around for a bit. 

When Gremlins went up, it looked like they had 4000 of them (like Fight Club).  Only about 1600 left, so these will most likely be gone by the end of the day.

2 minutes ago, stl_ben said:

Why are they pricks? It wasn't limited to 1 and they are random releases so they are just increasing their odds of getting ones they want.

(also before anyone says anything I didn't buy any, I've seen what mondo had left after mondo con and didn't want to risk it with the few new additions post con).

More Mondo than the individuals. Until they all end up on eBay of course.

Reasonably valid I'd say, it's frustrating that something with only 100 available they don't limit them at all. 

2 minutes ago, chilltown38 said:

These test presses are blindly packaged correct? Should be fun trying to figure out what we purchased.

Their TP's typically have the title on the back in Sharpie, unless they go the route they've gone before and done question marks in place of however many letters are in the title. Please God, no. "Mine sounds like it's a synthy scary 80's flick..."

I'm selling my crackling and popping Fountain record. I gave it a very basic clean which only made it a little bit better and the sleeve has a (from the front not very noticable) seam split on the top side. I'd just like to get back what I paid for it ($38) and would throw in free shipping from Germany to you.

Is anybody here interested in it before I put it up on Discogs? PM me!

Edited by yarostino

47 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

Their TP's typically have the title on the back in Sharpie, unless they go the route they've gone before and done question marks in place of however many letters are in the title. Please God, no. "Mine sounds like it's a synthy scary 80's flick..."

Don't they normally have the cat# etched into the runout? My Aliens TP does.

Just now, clerk3745 said:

Yeah they did something similar for that Evil Dead 7", it was only accessible via a link in the blog or newsletter.

Which made sense, given the Halloween drop and ultra-limited nature. This Cloverfield soundtrack is selling like pre-used underwear, though. 2000 copies at the start and it really hasn't moved much at all. Wonder if they're waiting to add more to the "Bunker" line of products before properly marketing them?