The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

On 06/12/2016 at 5:19 PM, clerk3745 said:

So my Gremlins came in today, I'm at work and haven't opened it yet but there was a small package inside my shipment addressed to ...not me. Contacted Mondo. 

Pointless post I know but I suppose its on par with: "Got shipping notification".

The exact same thing happened to me a few months ago. I feel bad because I completely forgot about contacting Mondo about it.

4 hours ago, Number11 said:

The exact same thing happened to me a few months ago. I feel bad because I completely forgot about contacting Mondo about it.

I messaged them and they told me its not common but it happens and just asked me to put it back in the mail. I didn't open it, I have no idea what it was but it wasn't to or from Mondo or even anywhere near Austin, TX. 

1 hour ago, redroom said:

Someone got an (ugly) picture disc from Back to the Future part II. No actual art on the vinyl itself.

I kinda want to see this ugly picture disc. I have a regular black Test Press of BTTF II that I bought at Mondocon last year.

I'm still waiting for mine to arrive, but a friend of mine got his yesterday and received Pet Sematary and Over the Garden Wall. 

2 hours ago, redroom said:

Someone got an (ugly) picture disc from Back to the Future part II. No actual art on the vinyl itself.

LOL that is a Enjoy the Ride Test pressing. It's probably shitty covers of the BTTF songs. Weird, does this mean Enjoy the Ride helps Mondo turn CDs into vinyl!???!!!!???

4 hours ago, stl_ben said:

No it's not. 

4 hours ago, THE_James_Champ said:

That isn't an ETR release. 

It's a joke...

cause ETR is famous for getting those Test pressings.

edit: Maybe BTTF was gonna be a picture disc but they realized how stupid they are?

Edited by Royce

35 minutes ago, Royce said:

It's a joke...

cause ETR is famous for getting those Test pressings.

edit: Maybe BTTF was gonna be a picture disc but they realized how stupid they are?

How is it a joke?  All labels get test presses.  Also they did make a a BTF Picture disc, hence why there is a TP for it.

1 hour ago, stl_ben said:

How is it a joke?  All labels get test presses.  Also they did make a a BTF Picture disc, hence why there is a TP for it.

Mondo didn't press the picture disc BTTF did they? if that's what you mean. I know one exists (It wasn't the score or something) but not from mondo? 

And how is a Picture Disc Test pressing a joke? i won't waste my time to explain that. 

19 minutes ago, Royce said:

Mondo didn't press the picture disc BTTF did they? if that's what you mean. I know one exists (It wasn't the score or something) but not from mondo? 

And how is a Picture Disc Test pressing a joke? i won't waste my time to explain that. 

Yes they coordinated the picture disc release.

Well clearly you aren't explaining the "joke" since no one got it....