The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

Lakeshore Recs posted on their IG:

pinhead.jpg

Guess who's turning 30 this year? Gotta say, he hasn't aged a day! HELLRAISER 30th Anniversary Release with 100% new mixes authorized and approved by Composer Christopher Young from the original baked and transferred 24 Track, 2 Inch Master Tapes! Two vinyl editions coming from our friends and partners at @deathwaltzrecs / @mondotees - but we'll let them tell you about those... As everyone looks to the Summer, we're keeping our eye on the fall... #hellraiser #pinhead #cenobite #cenobites #clivebarker #horror #classicalbum #classichorror #mondo #mondotees #deathwaltzrecords #lakeshorerecords #vinyl #vinylsoundtrack #soundtracksonvinyl #horrorsoundtrack #christopheryoung #soundtrack #soundtracks #80s #1987 #30thanniversary #creepy #spooky

20 hours ago, jhulud said:

pinhead.jpg

Guess who's turning 30 this year? Gotta say, he hasn't aged a day! HELLRAISER 30th Anniversary Release with 100% new mixes authorized and approved by Composer Christopher Young from the original baked and transferred 24 Track, 2 Inch Master Tapes! Two vinyl editions coming from our friends and partners at @deathwaltzrecs / @mondotees - but we'll let them tell you about those... As everyone looks to the Summer, we're keeping our eye on the fall... #hellraiser #pinhead #cenobite #cenobites #clivebarker #horror #classicalbum #classichorror #mondo #mondotees #deathwaltzrecords #lakeshorerecords #vinyl #vinylsoundtrack #soundtracksonvinyl #horrorsoundtrack #christopheryoung #soundtrack #soundtracks #80s #1987 #30thanniversary #creepy #spooky

You have piqued my interest.

On May 27, 2017 at 7:44 PM, jhulud said:

pinhead.jpg

My most anticipated release since they announced it last fall

I finally got around to listening to my Twin Peaks (coffee brown) record yesterday and I was super disappointed to hear how noisy it was. Just loads of popping all the way through the disc.

Can anyone tell me whether this is a general issue with this pressing, or is this an isolated issue and should I contact Mondo and see about getting a replacement disc?

I've never had a single issue before with Mondo releases, so I'm assuming it's just a bad disc.

2 hours ago, WalnutSoap said:

I finally got around to listening to my Twin Peaks (coffee brown) record yesterday and I was super disappointed to hear how noisy it was. Just loads of popping all the way through the disc.

Can anyone tell me whether this is a general issue with this pressing, or is this an isolated issue and should I contact Mondo and see about getting a replacement disc?

I've never had a single issue before with Mondo releases, so I'm assuming it's just a bad disc.

From what I remember, there were a lot of  the same complaints. Same for FWWM. I haven't played my copy in a while but, if you'd like, I can play mine tonight and get back to you.

17 hours ago, ghost said:

From what I remember, there were a lot of  the same complaints. Same for FWWM. I haven't played my copy in a while but, if you'd like, I can play mine tonight and get back to you.

My copy of TP arrived with a gash on side B.

I've never received a new(and expensive) record in such condition.

DKAX0z1.jpg

After I provided the photo above, I had to return at my expense.

Was told I needed to wait 2 or 3 months for a new pressing.

Replacement copy didn't have a scratch but was still very disappointing.

Style over substance.

Same audio quality issue with FWWM, as mentioned.

My Mondo experiences were pretty awful but damn do I want The Devil's Candy.

Rant over.

Is there a way to know if certain Mondo releases will be available from other retailers in the future?

Edited by Smellman

51 minutes ago, Smellman said:

DKAX0z1.jpg

Style over substance.

Rant over.

Is there a way to know if certain Mondo releases will be available from other retailers in the future?

Most Mondo releases are available from other retailers in standard black editions.   My copies of TP & FWWM were both excellent with no sound issues.  I guess there were a few bad copies around but generally their releases sound great.

4 hours ago, Smellman said:

DKAX0z1.jpg

Style over substance.

Rant over.

That's ridiculous that they made you return at your own expense for a record exchange, since it was clearly their manufacturing at fault and since you had already paid for shipping on the album.  Fuck that. 

6 minutes ago, thievedrelic said:

That's ridiculous that they made you return at your own expense for a record exchange, since it was clearly their manufacturing at fault and since you had already paid for shipping on the album.  Fuck that. 

I'm actually surprised at that.  Mondo in the past with me has been really good about any defects to the records and/or packaging.  They've even let me keep records without returning them, and send out new ones.  Maybe it's just their new policy though :-/ 

2 hours ago, Twistedshabazz said:

I thought mondo put stuff up at 1pm est? Went to look at their site and all the posters are already up(and sold out)

Yeah, today was a bloodbath. Since most of the prints were sold at the show, it was a harder drop than normal. I managed to snag a 101 Dalmatians though, so I'm satisfied.