The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

Just now, Lugubrious said:

What's the point of having some available for immediate shipment and the rest supposedly available later?

They probably just have to play it safe with the pressing plant since plants are overwhelmed for the past 5 years or so.  I bet they get 1000 as their "timeshare" if you will at the plant, and then the next time their turn comes up, another 1000.

2 minutes ago, wiscodeman said:

I guess this is as good of time as any to float this idea - I'm willing to trade a sealed Dilophosaurus variant for either a sealed Amber or sealed Dino DNA variant. PM me if you're down!

How can you tell it’s a dilo variant if it’s sealed? They were randomly inserted. 

16 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

Are you still collecting everything-Mondo?

My stomach turned for you when they announced that single color copy of Anomalisa...

Haha, my stomach turned too. I still have a complete collection with all early copies being the 'random variant'. Since they stopped doing that I have the 'more limited' variants for everything they released after that. I don't have multiple copies of anything except JP (Amber and Dilophosaurus). That Anomalisa variant will probably be the only thing I never get my hands on.

Just now, slinch said:

So the mondo listing went from "buy" to "sold out", not preorder. Is that what they usually do or was 3000 actually the entire planned run and I just missed out?

They're being vague. They said that there was no attached quantity to this pressing and that they "had a limited amount to ship immediately" which sorta sounded like they'll eventually unveil a preorder option for the same colorway.

Green is up at BM now too, higher price than LITA but they wind up about equal when you consider shipping:

http://www.bullmoose.com/p/27461747/jurassic-park-original-soundtrack-180g-green-vinyl-green-vinyl-john-williams

22 hours ago, museummouth said:

How can you tell it’s a dilo variant if it’s sealed? They were randomly inserted. 

One of the shitty paper sleeves the discs are in has like an half-inch-long split from shipping. When I hold a flashlight up to it, it is clearly green. I'll try to take a picture tonight and post it here.