The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

10 minutes ago, TheGreatMrY said:

The just put more posters up. Hope y'all were fast!

They didn't do shit

edit: I've been following stories about this since Friday when they announced it and everywhere people were saying the price from mondo was ridiculous and they weren't even concerned with this release. I've never been one to blame it on the bots but I just have a hard time believing these went as fast as they did at that price. If it was under $100 I could understand, everyone would be all about it. But at that price, I just don't see it.

Edited by clerk3745

14 minutes ago, wellnow said:

Wish I'd seen the tweet. I paid like triple the price for one on eBay.

Respectfully, may I ask why? Is it your favorite film and you just had to have it? Do you just have money to burn? It's just rare to find someone admit to paying insane flipper prices so I am genuinely curious.

23 minutes ago, ThunderPantz said:

Respectfully, may I ask why? Is it your favorite film and you just had to have it? Do you just have money to burn? It's just rare to find someone admit to paying insane flipper prices so I am genuinely curious.

I'm not going to feel bad about paying insane flipper prices when the prices are already like double what I paid.

28 minutes ago, ThunderPantz said:

I was looking for an honest answer, not a defensive reaction but that's understandable. Nevermind then.

Maybe calm that thunder in your pants and not be so passive aggressive about it.

I'm trying to find a decent price one too. @wellnow good for you brother, if you see a decent price "The Shark" hit me up.

16 minutes ago, clerk3745 said:

Maybe calm that thunder in your pants and not be so passive aggressive about it.

I'm trying to find a decent price one too. @wellnow good for you brother, if you see a decent price "The Shark" hit me up.

Thanks. A bunch went up on eBay in the 400-600 range right after the drop but I haven't seen many since. 

Yah that was a tough drop.  F5'ing for an hour...  I feel the same way as I do with any of these prints though - it's just paper.  I'm never paying flipper prices, especially for a 'replica' of a readily available design I can have as a lithograph.

I can see paying hundreds of dollars for some original art, or hundred year old print, or screen-used movie prop even...but not for a new piece of paper.  Oh well!

4 minutes ago, wellnow said:

Thanks. A bunch went up on eBay in the 400-600 range right after the drop but I haven't seen many since. 

I'm putting my cap about $300 and A. I know that's probably not gonna happen 2. I'm still not happy about that price either

@Oilerguy has a point

I'm only still posting about it cuz I've been mentally preparing for this all weekend and I'm just salty now.

I was F5-ing from 11 am and it paid off because I actually scored on this drop.  I don't know why folks are surprised that it is fetching big bucks or that there was a lot of demand.  It's one of the most popular films of all time and the print run was pretty low.  They must've shelled out a lot of money to Kastel in order to work with him on the 'recreation' so I'm guessing that's why the price tag was high to begin with.  They've had similar scenarios like The Thing 1-sheet art from Struzan when they've worked with the original artist.

With all that said, I still don't get why they didn't choose this to be an open edition.  They'd probably have made themselves 3 or 4 times the money.

5 minutes ago, hallowken78 said:

I was F5-ing from 11 am and it paid off because I actually scored on this drop.  I don't know why folks are surprised that it is fetching big bucks or that there was a lot of demand.  It's one of the most popular films of all time and the print run was pretty low.  They must've shelled out a lot of money to Kastel in order to work with him on the 'recreation' so I'm guessing that's why the price tag was high to begin with.  They've had similar scenarios like The Thing 1-sheet art from Struzan when they've worked with the original artist.

With all that said, I still don't get why they didn't choose this to be an open edition.  They'd probably have made themselves 3 or 4 times the money.

Well done, sir. Well done.

3 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

Probably licensing-related.

Exactly so.