The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

39 minutes ago, Rip said:

Anyone else still waiting to get Silent Hill 2?  Mine shipped the 18th, was scheduled to be delivered the 25th, it’s now the 28th and my tracking info says “arriving late.”  Also hasn’t been updated to its current location since the 23rd.

I have had packages do that, give it another week or so and then I would probably reach out to Mondo

3 hours ago, Rip said:

Thanks, will do.  I usually wouldn’t worry about it but this has never happened before when I ordered from Mondo so I was just curious.

Just had that happen last week. Was supposed to get a package Monday and then it updated to arriving late. Didn't get it until Saturday 

3 hours ago, jeffthomas84 said:

USPS is having delays here the past couple of weeks, not sure why, but have had many packages do that lately as well. 1 still hasn't shown up 

I've noticed this too. I've been tracking packages that went from pre shipment to no updates for days to suddenly out for delivery.

Damn.  OSTs are seldom my thing... and videogame OSTs?  Even less.  It takes a special somethin’-somethin’ to entice me enough to hunt one down and physically own it.  But MGS may just be one to qualify.  It was the first game that truly immersed me, as a pre-teen, on that PlayStation.  I thought I had it all figured out jumping on crates as a wild bandicoot, or mastering Parappa the Rappa... but I didn’t know shit, and I quickly realized that just 10 minutes into MGS.  HG-W is an excellent composer and so much of the MGS soundtrack is haunting, cold, and sublime.  I hold it in way higher regards than a lot of the bleep-bloop tunes out there.  How much gaping do you guys think will be involved in securing a copy of it?  Is this going to be a “blink and you miss it” Mondo release or something a bit broader?  I don’t Mondo it up too much, forgive my ignorance.  Anyone who can keep me in the loop would be greatly appreciated.

[edit]

Whoops!  Just now realized I probably wrote a little too much for the average VC troglodyte.  If your palms got sweaty seeing this post, try this instead:

Do want Mondo MGS vinyl.  You think limited?  Will sell fast?

Edited by Derek™

13 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Damn.  OSTs are seldom my thing... and videogame OSTs?  Even less.  It takes a special somethin’-somethin’ to entice me enough to hunt one down and physically own it.  But MGS may just be one to quality.  It was the first game that truly immersed me, as a pre-teen, on that PlayStation.  I thought I had it all figured out jumping on crates as a wild bandicoot, or mastering Parappa the Rappa... but I didn’t know shit, and I quickly realized that just 10 minutes into MGS.  HG-W is an excellent composer and so much of the MGS soundtrack is haunting, cold, and sublime.  I hold it in way higher regards than a lot of the bleep-bloop tunes out there.  How much gaping do you guys think will be involved in securing a copy of it?  Is this going to be a “blink and you miss it” Mondo release or something a bit broader?  I don’t Mondo it up too much, forgive my ignorance.  Anyone who can keep me in the loop would be greatly appreciated.

Brother, I think we will ALL be able to gape this one. Also, since a lot of us got the bootleg as well we will gape twice (bc you know we had to do it to 'em). Why don't you slap the Moonface version in the interim, Der?

10 minutes ago, tetsuodaironman said:

Brother, I think we will ALL be able to gape this one. Also, since a lot of us got the bootleg as well we will gape twice (bc you know we had to do it to 'em). Why don't you slap the Moonface version in the interim, Der?

Are those Moonshake releases the glorified bootlegs with the super chintzy covers based off critically acclaimed album art?  I don’t fuck with those, even if the pressing quality is respectable.  If I’m bending over for this release it’s just going to be one time, and I want to do it right.