The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

20 hours ago, patreeeek said:

According to The Lonely Island’s Instagram story tonight, Mondo is releasing multiple covers / variants (?) of the POPSTAR soundtrack next month.

Fuck yes, I've been waiting for this! I'm going to their show in DC next month so I'll probably see what covers they have there. 

11 minutes ago, gracetoo said:

How does that even happen with Mondo's packaging? I've still got my mailer sitting right here and I'm not sure I could cause that damage to the record if I tried.

That's what my friend said he got his the same day in mint condition and was wondering the same thing. It's like they shoved it under a rock and lifted up on it.

4 hours ago, gracetoo said:

How does that even happen with Mondo's packaging? I've still got my mailer sitting right here and I'm not sure I could cause that damage to the record if I tried.

4 hours ago, RaptorRick said:

That's what my friend said he got his the same day in mint condition and was wondering the same thing. It's like they shoved it under a rock and lifted up on it.

A lot of USPS sorting is done by machines, so I say blame it on a super strong robot.

3 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

I have a few and they are well made. Also, legit Tiki mugs seem to be this expensive. for comparison https://shop.threedotschicago.com/collections/all

I'm not one to throw any shade at Three Dots, but "legit tiki mugs" can be found way cheaper than $60-$75. You're talking about the most popular tiki bar in Chicago's merchandise.

1 minute ago, gracetoo said:

I'm not one to throw any shade at Three Dots, but "legit tiki mugs" can be found way cheaper than $60-$75. You're talking about the most popular tiki bar in Chicago's merchandise.

Quiet now, I had just convinced myself a Halloween tiki mug was a bargain at $60. Let me be happy with my delusional purchases...

11 minutes ago, unknown pleasures said:

Quiet now, I had just convinced myself a Halloween tiki mug was a bargain at $60. Let me be happy with my delusional purchases...

If you'd like a high end collectible Tiki mug with some value, both Mondo and Three Dots will do ya right, and I'll gladly be your enabler.

If all you want is a tiki mug please reconsider

Can I ask an uneducated question? I’ve been seeing these mugs on Mondo for quite sometime. Originally, I took it as like a one off thing, but time has taught me it’s far from that. Do people collect these like Funko Pops or are ya’ll eating your soup out of these things? 

Edited by Charles Barkley