The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

38 minutes ago, Charles Barkley said:

Can I ask a uneducated question? I’ve been seeing these mugs on Mondo for quite sometime. Originally, I took it as like a one off thing, but time has taught me it’s far from that. Do people collect these like Funko Pops or are ya’ll eating your soup out of these things? 

We use 'em all the time so they don't just sit on a shelf. A lot of fun with guests over too. But yeah, as far as collectability goes, they are as dumb as anything else.

3 hours ago, gracetoo said:

I'm not one to throw any shade at Three Dots, but "legit tiki mugs" can be found way cheaper than $60-$75. You're talking about the most popular tiki bar in Chicago's merchandise.

As a tiki mug artist/producer, the prices people pay for the Three Dots mugs make me laugh. Most of those are produced in China and the early designs were about a third of the price they are charging these days. Instead of paying $75 for a mass produced mug you could buy a much more limited and cool one from a U.S. artist for around the same price. There are also a lot of cheaper, mass produced tiki mugs from people like Munktiki. I tend to like the more limited and less generic mugs by small U.S. production artists, but I am completely biased. It can be an expensive hobby.

49 minutes ago, unknown pleasures said:

Think I’m going to buy this Halloween one and hopefully quit cold turkey; they’re cool enough that I’d probably want to pick up a bunch and I’ve got enough collecting vices already without going down the Tiki black hole...

Is that the pumpkin one? I have to say that I really dig that mug, though it's not tiki. I won't even go down that even blacker hole about what is and what isn't tiki. You know, obsessive collector type shat. :D

I pre-ordered the Halloween original when it first came out. It finally came in the mail a year later...just fyi the lid on this thing does NOT fit firmly in place. The minute you tilt the pumpkin left or right the lid basically slides right off. Sticking the knife in stops it from flying off but still seems awkward. I have a lot of their other tikis and this one kind of disappointed me and will probably sit on a shelf with my Halloween props. 

I'm still waiting on the damn krampus to arrive.... maybe it makes it by Christmas hahaha

6 hours ago, aju2streets said:

Grabbed Thriller, Also but if they stick around I’ll eventually try to get them all.

does anyone have any leads on the first two Lonely Island records? I heard they were selling them at shows so I don’t want to shell out eBay money if there was a repress

Oh shit, I didnt realize how much these went for. I bought them all as the come out and just figured they'd stay in print. 

I'm glad these are online so I can order one from Mondo or their store and not have to worry about buying it at the show on Tuesday.