The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

2 hours ago, craigeduk said:

Don't think they have said a date for the SDCC leftovers to go up, in the past they have been random times after the events. The webstore variant goes up this week so its a decision to wait to see if there are any SDCC versions at a later date or not.

Cool. Do they release web store titles at a specific day and time, or is it all random?

Just now, Vega said:

No someone picked up a copy for me! I think mondo wrote something that if they had left-overs they will go online after the convention.

Ok cool, i really hope that variantsl poster goes up too, i love it.  Seems like the web copy isnt limited so i can wait a bit. Thanks 

37 minutes ago, Vega said:

The webstore version of 2049 is online now: https://mondotees.com/collections/music/products/copy-of-blade-runner-2049-original-motion-picture-soundtrack-2xlp

Was able to get my hands on an SDCC Version as well :)

Went to buy but the $40 price plus shipping such a turn off. 

1 hour ago, AdamBGraham said:

Glad to see people doing the Lord's work...

spacer.png

The MGS record at 79.99 or best offer isn't terrible if you really really want the exclusive variant. The record is $35 plus tax, and if you have a VB a tip is usually appreciated, which puts you closer to $50-$60 depending on how much you tip. You also have the couple extra bucks for shipping. Factor in how much tickets to SDCC cost and how much of a pain in the ass the Mondo line is...IMO, not a bad deal if you really really want this version. I'd say just wait it out for the standard version from Mondo later this summer.

Nice that they set it to "Or Best Offer" as well. So quite likely to take a little less. These are some of the lower prices I saw, though. :) Exclusives and limited Mondo's can definitely go for higher. I was actually really debating whether I wanted the exclusive colorway as I normally stick to black but the artwork is nice.

The print premium IS a little high, though, given the same logic. Not saying I still won't pay it.

24 minutes ago, ghost said:

This is being reaaaaaaally nit picky, but on the obi the MGS logo being in green kind of bothers me. The PS1 cover uses a bold red that I just associate with the game. I see what they're going for matching the cover art colors, but I just can't not see it.

Same, that green aesthetic kinda fits for MGS3.

spacer.png

• 3 weeks later...