The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

18 minutes ago, Vega said:

Am I the only one still waiting for a complete freakin blu ray set of the 3 seasons and the film?

There’s a set of the 3 seasons coming out.  No film included though.  

https://moviehole.net/a-new-twin-peaks-box-set-is-coming-heres-why-youll-want-it/

It’s totally worth it to grab the Criterion edition of FWWM though.  It’s a beautiful set with amazing extras.

Edited by Rip

39 minutes ago, Rip said:

There’s a set of the 3 seasons coming out.  No film included though.  

https://moviehole.net/a-new-twin-peaks-box-set-is-coming-heres-why-youll-want-it/

It’s totally worth it to grab the Criterion edition of FWWM though.  It’s a beautiful set with amazing extras.

Yooo I really didn't see this coming! Its great that there's a box set with all seasons coming, but the missing film is a bummer...will prob get this anyway

I get you guys all wanting everything in one whole big set but you're really missing out if you haven't gotten the recent box-sets of season 1 & 2, and then the Return set.  Packaging is so cool on everything.  I have a feeling when/if this "complete collection" set comes out, it'll just be a big, bulky plastic box with the discs just in standard flippy holder things.

Then again this is my favorite show of all-time so I probably care about some stuff that you guys don't lol.

12 hours ago, Rip said:

I get you guys all wanting everything in one whole big set but you're really missing out if you haven't gotten the recent box-sets of season 1 & 2, and then the Return set.  Packaging is so cool on everything.  I have a feeling when/if this "complete collection" set comes out, it'll just be a big, bulky plastic box with the discs just in standard flippy holder things.

Then again this is my favorite show of all-time so I probably care about some stuff that you guys don't lol.

you're not wrong, if that does end up being the case then I'll just get season 3 alone.

FYI, the Bladerunner 2049 web store exclusive 2xLP (pink/teal) sounds pretty lousy. Surface noise and distortion throughout, and my copy has side A pressed off-center and side C is bowled. Hoping Mondo can resolve this, though I may just inquire about a refund. All the reviews on Discogs are pretty poor as well. Beautiful score and artwork, but I guess I'll have to stick to digital files. 

Can others comment on the sound quality on their LPs? And I cleaned the records. No improvement.

Yeah, the word “officially” really jumbles up the tail-end of that sentence and makes it awkward.  But I guess I can see why they’d want to separate themselves from those Moonshake copies.

Regarding the variant, I don’t think I see what’s so underwhelming about it.  Matches the cover art and pays homage to the translucent green active camo that you get for saving Otacon.  I prefer it to that Ninja variant.

On 8/13/2019 at 3:49 PM, zdkaiser said:

FYI, the Bladerunner 2049 web store exclusive 2xLP (pink/teal) sounds pretty lousy. Surface noise and distortion throughout, and my copy has side A pressed off-center and side C is bowled. Hoping Mondo can resolve this, though I may just inquire about a refund. All the reviews on Discogs are pretty poor as well. Beautiful score and artwork, but I guess I'll have to stick to digital files. 

Can others comment on the sound quality on their LPs? And I cleaned the records. No improvement.

Yeah, I have the web store version and the black limited edition of 2049 copies that came out last year and the original/black version blows the Mondo release out of the water. I don't think mine is off-center, it's just very very noisy even after a thorough cleaning. The artwork is gorgeous, but I'm glad I have the other pressing which sounds so good the difference is pretty shocking.

Mondo is always hit or miss (just got Roger Rabbit on the pink variant and it sounds pretty good) but this one's a miss for sure.

On 8/12/2019 at 8:02 PM, Rip said:

Here it is, a complete Twin Peaks set.

https://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/twin-peaks-from-z-to-a-collection/

38 minutes ago, chunkrock said:

Mother of god.  That sounds amazing.  If I didn’t already have all the most recent blu-ray boxes/releases with all the special features and all that good stuff, I’d be all over this.

1 hour ago, Rip said:

Mother of god.  That sounds amazing.  If I didn’t already have all the most recent blu-ray boxes/releases with all the special features and all that good stuff, I’d be all over this.

I'm a sucker, I'm going to buy it anyway just for those extra special features and the 4k UHD Disc.

3 hours ago, jonnywreck said:

Looks like Amazon has it up for $139, which is honestly wayyyyy less than I figured.

Yeah. Considering the other set coming out is $90+ dollars and doesn't have all the extras or FWWM, that seems like a really good price. I ordered the second I saw it was under $200.

Edited by MachoHommeRandallSauvage