The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

hahahahahaha

exactly the content i want from this thread. my goodness.

i would never buy this but those records look great. this guy is a bitch. and i'm still cracking up at him brushing the dust off his table with his bare hands before plonking the thing right on the bare table.

holy cow, im gonna have to watch all of this later.

10 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

you know, if you go back to Mondo's mockup, you can tell its clear records by looking at the edge of the vinyl. I think they just didn't add enough color pellets to the biscuit for the end product. My guess is, this basically turned out how Mondo wanted it to.

I look at the original mock-up and see six INFINITY STONES, then I look at the final product and only see a reason to fucking end myself.

Popped in here hoping it was a That Thing You Do! update.

Instead it’s an unboxing video that’s 30+ minutes long?!?! And gripping about the mockup vs. final product being disappointing? Ummmm...no, thanks. I bet enough bitching & moaning in my life as it is. 

Carry on. 

2 hours ago, Derek™ said:

I really want this guy to become a certified meme on VC.  Like the minute you see this cursed image appear in a PO thread, you just know someone received the record and it doesn't quite match the mockup.  No further exposition needed.

9Q0TqzQ.png

I think I'm gonna log off the internet for the day. Its just not gonna get better than this pic. 

8 hours ago, lethalenforcer said:

Watch how distraught this guy gets after seeing how different the vinyl looks versus the original mockups.

I'm genuinely afraid to, but I'm going to take a long drink and do it...

I laughed at his expense, my newborn cried while he was talking, and now he's a VC meme. Good times

Edited by Fowty Dollaz

1 minute ago, mr. sincere said:

Finally watched the whole thing. It’s all gold. And the first minute on why he doesn’t normally do unboxing videos becomes incredibly prescient. 

It’s so close to being satire, a part of me wants to believe it is. Also worth checking out is his Jaws “retrospective.” It plays like he won a contest to create a substanceless DVD featurette that was never actually going to make it onto the disc.