The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

10 minutes ago, unknown pleasures said:

It’s incredible what a “1 per household” policy does to keep these up a little longer and give more people a chance without resorting to flippers.

I really like that they have that policy enforced. Flippers suck, this gives real fans a chance to get a copy.

4 minutes ago, illkeepyouinmind said:

I really like that they have that policy enforced. Flippers suck, this gives real fans a chance to get a copy.

It makes me wonder how many copies some people were buying of a hyped release like this.

I feel like in the old days, this would have sold out in under 30 minutes - an hour tops. That must mean there were probably people buying 5+ copies if you try to work back from the current rate of sales.

24 minutes ago, zacooper said:

Shit, i knew i forgot about something this morning. If anyone grabbed an extra Nightmare and would be willing to help a brother out let me know

I doubt anyone grabbed extras since it was limited to 1 per person.  But did see this: 

Sounds like Disney will have some copies of their own. I'd guess 200-300 because I believe ~4700 was the starting inventory on Mondo this morning .

Yeah, Disney Music Emporium seems to get copies when Mondo presses (usually, its once they start shipping). IDK how fast they sell out. I haven'r seen Ragnarok or Black Panther there, certainly not Avengers, but they do have Lost. Maybe they sell out quick.

https://www.disneymusicemporium.com/dept/vinyl?cp=81712_82104_82047

They always get RSD releases too.

Edited by timsimmons

33 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

Yeah, Disney Music Emporium seems to get copies when Mondo presses (usually, its once they start shipping). IDK how fast they sell out. I haven'r seen Ragnarok or Black Panther there, certainly not Avengers, but they do have Lost. Maybe they sell out quick.

https://www.disneymusicemporium.com/dept/vinyl?cp=81712_82104_82047

They always get RSD releases too.

Sort by newest, Ragnarok is there now: https://www.disneymusicemporium.com/product/XVLP135/thor-ragnarok?cp=81712_82104_82047

1 hour ago, ephemeral said:

Every time I order something during the free international shipping promo I get charged enough duty that there's basically no point. Seems to be only when shipped via DHL for me

Yep. It seems to happen with DHL and no other carriers.

I got hit for $16 CAD in duty on my Nightmare Before Christmas order and that was on top of the $17 USD ($22 CAD) I had already paid for shipping. $38 just for shipping and clearing the border. 

Edited by Subdomestic

43 minutes ago, Subdomestic said:

Yep. It seems to happen with DHL and no other carriers.

I got hit for $16 CAD in duty on my Nightmare Before Christmas order and that was on top of the $17 USD ($22 CAD) I had already paid for shipping. $38 just for shipping and clearing the border. 

Yup it's ridiculous. Then when you look at the breakdown it's only like 5 bucks in tax but the rest it them charging you fees for making them charge you the tax