The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

2 hours ago, Subdomestic said:

Yep. It seems to happen with DHL and no other carriers.

I got hit for $16 CAD in duty on my Nightmare Before Christmas order and that was on top of the $17 USD ($22 CAD) I had already paid for shipping. $38 just for shipping and clearing the border. 

Ouch, yeah I got dinged like $25 duty for the Avengers box set - crazy. I really wish the new NAFTA (CUSMA) agreement had a higher de minmis threshold for us, but not really: https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/cn-ad/cn20-18-eng.html

Edited by voltagedrop

Does anyone have a good contact or phone number for Mondo other that the generic customer service email listed on the site? I am dealing with a non vinyl customer service issue and the person I am talking to is pretty much doing nothing for me. If anyone has one please send me a PM. Thanks!

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

WTF? Can we seriously figure out a better system than one giant thread? Yesterday I literally thought "Wait didn't someone mention that they were repressing Midsommar" but I don't always check this thread because 50% of the time it's just "my copy came in" Someone want to step up and change the title to "Mondo Thread - Release x" every couple of weeks or?

1 minute ago, MCDELTAT said:

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

WTF? Can we seriously figure out a better system than one giant thread? Yesterday I literally thought "Wait didn't someone mention that they were repressing Midsommar" but I don't always check this thread because 50% of the time it's just "my copy came in" Someone want to step up and change the title to "Mondo Thread - Release x" every couple of weeks or?

That someone was me.

Why not just subscribe to their newsletter so you can find out what they’re releasing every week?

Just now, lethalenforcer said:

That someone was me.

Why not just subscribe to their newsletter so you can find out what they’re releasing every week?

Newsletters are no longer helpful because I don't have time to check my email. I follow them on twitter and IG, didn't see it on my feed. This is also why algorithmic feeds are suboptimal. Anyways.... here's to digging around on the internet.

5 minutes ago, MCDELTAT said:

Newsletters are no longer helpful because I don't have time to check my email. I follow them on twitter and IG, didn't see it on my feed. This is also why algorithmic feeds are suboptimal. Anyways.... here's to digging around on the internet.

Scruffy isn't buying your "I don't have time to check my email" if you had the time to write "I don't have time to check my email" here. mmhmm

I'd be in favor of release-specific threads: "Soon from Mondo: Bobby Krlic - Midsommar repress".  That said, if someone made a release-specific thread for something already discussed in the main Mondo thread (or another catch-all thread like the one for Fat Wreck or for OSTs), is a mod going to automatically merge the threads to avoid "clutter"?