The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

Mondo's newsletter email:

"Happy new year, everyone. The soundtrack team is kicking off the year celebrating the heroes of the DC Universe, continuing throughout 2021 with the premiere vinyl pressings of soundtracks to multiple DC films and TV series.

We are leading the charge with a deluxe 3xLP pressing of Rupert Gregson-Williams' incredible soundtrack to the 2018 film AQUAMAN, which will be available beginning Wednesday.

We will continue the celebration with SHAZAM!, DOOM PATROL seasons 1 and 2, and a reissue of John Williams' 1978 masterwork SUPERMAN, with more hopefully arriving later in the year. 

As always, all new releases go on sale Wednesday at Noon CST

Aquaman Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
Deluxe Edition 3XLP 

Music by Rupert Gregson-Williams
Artwork by Pascal Blanché

$45

Mondo, in partnership with WaterTower Music, is proud to present the premiere vinyl pressing and physical release of the Deluxe Edition of Rupert Gregson-Williams' brilliant score for 2018's global sensation AQUAMAN.

James Wan's AQUAMAN is one of our favorite comic book films of the last five years. We had to watch it multiple times on the big screen just to believe what we saw. And that achievement is equally owed to the brilliant Rupert Gregson-Williams for juggling the movie's nearly impossible-to-replicate tone. Always sincere, never ironic, always a good time — we are honored to celebrate this film and its score.

This Deluxe Edition release features the complete score as well as a disc of Bonus Tracks and Remixes, and includes the songs "Everything I Need" performed by Skylar Grey and "Ocean To Ocean" performed by Pitbull featuring Rhea.

Pressed on 3x180 Gram Translucent colored vinyl with splatter, the release features all new original artwork by the film's concept artist Pascal Blanché and is housed in a tri-fold jacket."

45 minutes ago, IndigoHollow said:

My copy of The last of us stuck in pre-shipment status since November 27. Anyone else?

My original tracking number provided in the email is like that.

I had to sign in to my Informed Delivery for USPS to find the other tracking number.

Mine arrived 2-3 weeks ago.

36 minutes ago, swisherprice said:

My original tracking number provided in the email is like that.

I had to sign in to my Informed Delivery for USPS to find the other tracking number.

Mine arrived 2-3 weeks ago.

Mine arrived right now. One hour after I wrote the message above 😆. But the tracking number on the package was different.

• 3 weeks later...

Say Anything - Expanded Motion Picture Soundtrack 2XLP

Say Anything - Expanded Motion Picture Soundtrack 2XLP

ondo and Vinyl Films are proud to present the premiere, expanded edition of the soundtrack to Cameron Crowe's essential, genre defining 1989 debut film SAY ANYTHING...

Containing the original soundtrack album, plus and entire additional disc of music - featuring demos written and recorded for the film, previously unreleased in any form - including long-lost demo recordings of the "Joe Lies" songs, as performed by Nancy Wilson for Lili Taylor.

Featuring a 16-page booklet, containing never before seen photos and liner notes with the film's writer/director Cameron Crowe, stars John Cusack, Ione Sky, Lili Taylor and composer Nancy Wilson and more!

• 3 weeks later...

Restocks of our best selling videogame soundtracks – THE LAST OF US PART II, THE LAST OF US (Vol 1 & Vol 2), SILENT HILL, SILENT HILL 2, and more. On sale 3/3 at Noon Central.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CL4qoo5AW6d/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Edited by IndigoHollow

32 minutes ago, MCDELTAT said:

What does restock mean in the context of Mondo? Like cancelled orders, found boxes etc from a previous press? So very little?

It's weird because my Last of Us 2 hasn't shipped from the second batch so it's weird they have more of that up for sale. Might grab Silent Hill.

It means repress. Nerds have made them unable to use normal terms.