The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

WW84_FC_1024x1024.jpg?v=1624476055

Mondo, in conjunction with WaterTower Music, is proud to present the premiere vinyl pressing of Hans Zimmer's incredible score to WONDER WOMAN 1984.

Featuring incredible artwork by La Boca and housed in a tri-fold jacket with holo-foil elements, with liner notes by writer and director Patty Jenkins, the vinyl pressing is available on 3x 180 Gram Fireworks colored vinyl (limited to 1,000 copies) that is exclusive to Mondo's webstore and 3x 180 Gram Black vinyl, as well as 3x Swirl colored vinyl through select independent retailers.
WW84_DISCS_Firework_1024x1024.png?v=1624
Hans Zimmer's score to WONDER WOMAN 1984 is quite possibly our favorite piece of superhero film scoring since John Williams' SUPERMAN: THE MOVIE (1978), and Danny Elfman's BATMAN (1989. We know that sounds hyperbolic, but even before our test pressings arrived, it was one of our most listened to albums on Spotify of the last 6 months. It’s that good. We can't wait for you to hear how good it sounds on vinyl, out of big speakers.
WW84_gatefold-mock-1_1024x1024.jpg?v=162
Wonder Woman 1984 Original Motion Picture Soundtrack 3XLP. Music by Hans Zimmer. Original Artwork by La Boca
Pressed on 3x 180 Gram Fireworks vinyl (MondoRecordShop exclusive limited to 1,000 copies). Also available on 3x 180 Gram Swirl Vinyl and 3x 180 Gram Black Vinyl $45.

• 4 weeks later...

I watched the whole stream this afternoon. No word on That Thing You Do, but Mondo/Death Waltz did say they’re doing The Suicide Squad (2021), Ghostbusters II, Hook, Full Metal Jacket, Up, and showed the Mission: Impossible Vol 1 Box. There might’ve been others, but I don’t remember off the top of my head. 

2 hours ago, marc32137 said:

I watched the whole stream this afternoon. No word on That Thing You Do, but Mondo/Death Waltz did say they’re doing The Suicide Squad (2021), Ghostbusters II, Hook, Full Metal Jacket, Up, and showed the Mission: Impossible Vol 1 Box. There might’ve been others, but I don’t remember off the top of my head. 

Nice. I'll likely grab a few of these. Also, I know people were bugging them in their live streams forever about Say Anything move soundtrack and I see it's now up but no press release on it. So if that's your thing...

• 2 weeks later...

https://mondoshop.com/blogs/news/music-weekly-over-the-garden-wall-vinyl-restocks

Over the Garden Wall repress. Pressed on 180 Gram Vinyl and available in two colorways, Harvest Festival Colored Vinyl and Jason Funderburker Green Vinyl. Limit one per customer.

Who Framed Roger Rabbit repress. Pressed on 180 Gram Roger Rabbit Colored Vinyl (Tri-Color Red White and Blue Vinyl). Limit one per customer.

Coraline. 2XLP in deluxe gatefold jacket pressed on 2x 180 Gram Swirl Vinyl. Limit one per customer.

Kubo and the Two Strings. Pressed on 2x180 Gram Colored Vinyl (Disc One Sun colored, Disc Two Moon Colored). 45 RPM. Limit one per customer.

As always, all releases will be available at Noon CT on Wednesday, on MondoRecordShop.com.

2 hours ago, timsimmons said:

god. remember when that was a thing with them?

Yes it was very fun buying two copies when you wanted something and selling an open black one for half off. I especially loved getting two black copies of Jurassic Park, those still sold for more than I paid though.