The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

33 minutes ago, rooks said:

was there ever any news about That Thing You Do?

It's like they know the day they announce it is the day I unsubscribe from their newsletter.

It's been years.

Nothing yet. It’s been about 2 years since they announced it and auctioned off a test press for charity. 

• 2 weeks later...

This week we are thrilled to be releasing the BAFTA-winning Soundtrack to DUNE by Hans Zimmer, one of our favorite films of 2021 and one of our favorite scores of the last few years. Hans Zimmer has taken the notion of a sci-fi soundtrack to another level here, mixing electronics, orchestral flourishes and human voices to a dizzying effect that transports you right back to Arrakis.

Featuring original artwork by Greg Ruth, the 2XLP set is as stunning as you would imagine. Pressed on sand colored vinyl and housed inside a beautiful gatefold sleeve, the package is finished with a full-color, rigid outer plastic jacket capturing the majesty of DUNE perfectly. We'll also have a black vinyl repress available for those who missed out on the initial pressing of THE DUNE SKETCHBOOK 3XLP. Please note both releases are limited to 1 copy per person.

As always, all new releases go on sale on Wednesdays at 12PM CT.

c10a85e0-1c0a-47f0-bc52-395db311b43d.jpe

DUNE

On 3/9/2022 at 9:57 PM, marc32137 said:

Nothing yet. It’s been about 2 years since they announced it and auctioned off a test press for charity. 

I expect it was going to be part of a screening event with cast ect and obviously thats been out of the question during the pandemic so its put on the backburner while it can be planned again

On 3/23/2022 at 3:10 PM, vodkablast said:

Maybe a longshot but did anyone get a Paddington 2 poster and want to sell it? I got one, and USPS says it was delivered but it never came. Never had that happen before.

You talk to your post office yet?  They may have gps coordinates of the delivery scans. They found a missing package of mine down the street once as they knew exactly which house they delivered it to once I asked them.

16 minutes ago, fish said:

You talk to your post office yet?  They may have gps coordinates of the delivery scans. They found a missing package of mine down the street once as they knew exactly which house they delivered it to once I asked them.

This happened to me one time also. Even though they confirmed that they delivered the package to the wrong address, they didn’t do anything other than apologize. And the person at that address said that they didn’t have the package.