The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

On 6/13/2022 at 7:13 PM, MCDELTAT said:

Sure, but what changes in this scenario? They tell them “hey start using worse pressing plants, we can save some cash there.” Then the fans hear the hot piss that is their $45 2xLP and their out. Then the acquisition doesn’t have any profit.

Y’all probably got at least a few years before they start to take the trust and test it. 

You mean like VMP today?

• 2 weeks later...

https://mondoshop.com/

SDCC exclusives are up. I grabbed the splatter of Doom Patrol.

DOOM PATROL: SEASON ONE
Original Television Soundtrack 2XLP

Music by Kevin Kiner and Clint Mansell. Artwork by Mike Saputo. Liner notes by Jeremy Carver.

Spot varnish gatefold sleeve housed in a printed clear plastic outer case. Pressed on 2x140 Gram SDCC exclusive Super Zeroes Splatter Vinyl.

Also available on 2x140 Gram white vinyl.

MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE: REVELATION
Netflix Original Series Soundtrack 2XLP
Volume 1

Original Music by Bear McCreary. Artwork by Florian Bertmer.

2x180 Gram colored vinyl, housed in a deluxe pop-up gatefold sleeve. 

GODZILLA VS. MECHAGODZILLA 2
Original Motion Picture Soundtrack 2XLP

Music by Akira Ifukube. Artwork by Luke Preece.

Numbered edition of 2000 copies, pressed on 2x140 Gram Mega Buster vs Heat Ray vinyl, featuring a screen-printed D side. Housed inside a gatefold jacket and complete with a Mondo exclusive die-cut spot varnish slipcase.

Also available on Eco Vinyl.

DUNE
Original Motion Picture Soundtrack 2XLP
(SDCC Edition)

Music by Hans Zimmer. Artwork by Greg Ruth.

Numbered edition of 500 units pressed on "Eyes of Ibad" vinyl, housed inside a gatefold jacket

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, clerk3745 said:

Sadly, this is accurate. I heard not great things about the wheel of time series as well so I never even started that one.

Wheel of time was alright to me, but I don't know anything about the world or source material. It had that "made for TV vibe" but I want invested in it enough to care. 

But LOTR should not have that vibe and it sadly does. The trailers have looked like they could be perfume commercials or something. 

Lol I just found out about Mondo’s No Cancellation policy. Honestly kinda lame, but I guess if anyones gonna have one, it’d be them.

can imagine a bunch of flippers were just grabbing everything from them without reading descriptions, quantities, etc and then just hoping they could get it cancelled.

So anyways, if you want the 2xLP Dune at cost when it ships, let me know. While it’s a great score for the film, I couldn’t connect with it outside of the film.

2 hours ago, MCDELTAT said:

Lol I just found out about Mondo’s No Cancellation policy. Honestly kinda lame, but I guess if anyones gonna have one, it’d be them.

can imagine a bunch of flippers were just grabbing everything from them without reading descriptions, quantities, etc and then just hoping they could get it cancelled.

So anyways, if you want the 2xLP Dune at cost when it ships, let me know. While it’s a great score for the film, I couldn’t connect with it outside of the film.

Couldn't you just cancel the charge on your credit card?

5 hours ago, stl_ben said:

Sounds like a dick move / way to get blocked from future sales

I agree about the blocking thing. That was my one concern. This is not a product made to order situation like if they get 379 orders they press 379 records…so I disagree. As a consumer why would they have the right to hold your money for a situation like this? I wouldn’t do it to a small business or timed-preorder for a small run item.  

• 2 weeks later...

https://mondoshop.com/blogs/news/phenomena-and-dark-glasses-vinyl-on-sale-info?utm_source=Klaviyo&utm_medium=campaign&_kx=hwZuI0P17_vjQOlPIeg_YQMySAHFFmCUrQJpFdsTZvs%3D.xQnp3S

Ugh damnit this Phenomena looks amazing. Annoyed about the double dipping between Waxworks and Mondo with their basically similar releases, but this one is teasing the three “unreleased” cues (even though I thought Waxworks said the same thing with their release years ago). And it still seems like they’re keeping the bands off of these releases—thankfully I have that OG Creepers OST for that. But yeah, this artwork and variant look killer. Just wish there was more clarity on what these cues are…

• 1 month later...