The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

1 hour ago, MCDELTAT said:

Agreed on the Poster front. I tried maybe 3-4 times to get a poster that might look nice in my office but itā€™s even tougher than records from them. And to see even 5/70 or whatever on eBay is way too many.

Understatement of the century. I started following Mondo a little while before they started releasing records. Getting most of the posters was literally impossible. The "random" drop times, which was mostly like 11am CST on a Wednesday or something, made sure of that.

Ā 

In the beginning of their vinyl releases, the "randomly chosen" style of getting the non-black vinyl variants was a nightmare too. Luckily I was able to land a variant in most of those cases by ordering two copies.

Ā 

I only bought a couple posters and a handful of albums, but it's been almost 10 years since there was a release I've been interested in.

When you enter into a business arrangement with an organization that puts out statements like:

Ā 

Funko continues to invest in its strategic growth initiatives of maximizing the core business, diversifying the revenue base, growing its Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) channel, and extending its reach into international markets.

Ā 

Youā€™re bound to get forced into maximizing profit at the expensive of creative. This was inevitable but hope the creative folks down there land on their feet.Ā 

Spring cleaning today and rediscovered that I got a copy of Halo: Infinite during the last test press blitz. Anyone have an extra copy of any Katamari Damacy variant you would like to trade?

Ā 

**And yes, I see how much $KD is going for these days. Yes, I understand this a long shot and lopsided trade. However, he barter system is the great equalizer. Topple capitalism by trading for the things you want. Or don't... Scruffy couldn't care less...mmhhmm

• 3 weeks later...

https://mondoshop.com/blogs/news/oblivion-vinyl-on-sale-info

Ā 

From their newsletter

This week, in celebration of the film's 10th anniversary, we are proud to present a reissue of one of Mondo's first vinyl releases,Ā M83Ā andĀ Joe Trapanese's soundtrack toĀ OBLIVION.Ā Ā 
Ā 
We also are restocking the soundtrack toĀ TRON: LEGACYĀ by Daft Punk as well as stocking copies of their incredible albumĀ RANDOM ACCESS MEMORIES.Ā 
Ā 
As always, all new releases go on saleĀ WednesdaysĀ 12 NOON CTĀ atĀ mondoshop.com.Ā 

Ā 

Oblivion - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack (10th Anniversary Edition) 2XLP

Original music by M83. Score composed by Anthony Gonzales and Joseph Trapenese. Artwork by Kilian Eng. Pressed on 2x 140g Grey and White Swirl Vinyl. Estimated shipping July 2023.

$40

Ā 

TRON: LEGACY - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack 2XLPĀ 

Music by Daft Punk. Housed inside a gatefold jacket in a die-cut o-card both featuring original artwork by Matt Taylor. Pressed on 2x 180g Neon Blue and Orange Vinyl.Ā Estimated shipping August 2023.Ā 

$35Ā 

Ā 

RANDOM ACCESS MEMORIES - 10th Anniversary Edition 3XLPĀ 

Music by Daft Punk. Special expanded edition includes 35 minutes of unreleased music (demo and studio outtakes), special ā€œLose Yourself To Danceā€ poster and 16 page booklet. Pressed on 3x Black Vinyl by Legacy.Ā Estimated shipping June 2023.Ā 

$50Ā 

19 hours ago, Sanjuro said:

10 year inflation for Oblivion:

Was $25 for the original release, $40 now.Ā šŸ˜®

It really is crazy when you think about it that way....I thought it'd be the standard $35 especially not being 180gram...was surprised to see a repress at the $40 price point as well...although some of the 3xLP's are now $50?!Ā  Which is crazy.Ā  10 years ago I would've said "I'll never pay that" and now here we are...crazy indeed.

Edited by RyanSmithers

Oblivion story: Back when it came out I was still new-ish to collecting vinyl and I couldn't figure out what Mondo was or how to buy the record. I was a M83 fan and found a contest from Crave (a now defunct online magazine) where I won the record, a 3D puzzle of the ship from the movie, collapsible water bottles with the Oblivion logo, and a cap that had the Oblivion logo and name of the movie on the back. I still have everything except the hat which I still miss to this day and I can't find a picture of it online and I've never seen it for sale anywhere.

On 4/21/2023 at 10:49 AM, wiscodeman said:

Could you show us a pic of the other stuff? Random movie merch like that is always intriguing.

Ā 

I have the original 2xLP and got the poster of the artwork (but it's color scheme is different). One of the only times I was able to land a Mondo poster before it sold out.Ā 

Sorry it took me a couple days. I had to dig for this photo from 2013. Top left is the 3D puzzle that is pretty much what you'd expect after building it and the record is the 180-gram black. I miss that cap so much... There's some better pictures of it here that someone had from a sale that I just found a link to.

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/black-49-oblivion-baseball-cap-hat-1968725716

spacer.png

• 3 weeks later...

https://mondoshop.com/blogs/news/the-last-of-us-season-1-vinyl-on-sale-info

Ā 

Mondo, in proud partnership withĀ Milan Records,Ā Naughty DogĀ andĀ HBOļ»æ,Ā are honored to unveil an exclusive color variant ofĀ Gustavo SantaolallaĀ andĀ David Flemingā€™s score to the hit showĀ THE LAST OF US: SEASON 1.

This color variant is exclusive to the Mondo webshop, and features songs performed byĀ Depeche Mode, Pearl Jam, Jessica Mazin and Nick Offerman.

Thatā€™s not all ... we are also restocking copies of the soundtrack toĀ DAYS GONE.

As always, all new releases and restocks go on sale onĀ WednesdaysĀ atĀ Noon CSTĀ atĀ MondoShop.com.Ā 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This week we are thrilled to present the long-promised second volume toĀ Cameron Croweā€™s legendary soundtrack to his sophomore filmĀ SINGLES.Ā 

Originally released as a bonus disc of the 2017 25th Anniversary Epic Soundtrax reissue, these 18 tracks encompass a larger slice of the musical world of the film, including live tracks, score and the in-universe music of Citizen Dick and Poncier.Ā Ā 

Of course that music was written and performed by some of the biggest names in music -Ā Chris Cornell,Ā Mudhoney,Ā Alice in Chains,Ā Mike McReadyĀ andĀ Paul Westerberg.Ā Ā 

We are also restocking the first volume in case you missed it!

Ā Ā 
As always, all newĀ Record ShopĀ releases go onĀ saleĀ WednesdaysĀ atĀ 12 NOON CST.

SINGLES VOL. 2 - BLUES FOR A T-SHIRT 2XLP

I don't think it has been posted yet, and not sure if anyone is interested. I have been interested in this since it was announced in what feels like 5 years ago, but That Thing You Do is finally in production.

https://twitter.com/moshafeek/status/1668299382062448641?s=20

Edited by FavoriteSights&Sounds

7 hours ago, FavoriteSights&Sounds said:

I don't think it has been posted yet, and not sure if anyone is interested. I have been interested in this since it was announced in what feels like 5 years ago, but That Thing You Do is finally in production.

https://twitter.com/moshafeek/status/1668299382062448641?s=20

Its Been A Long Time Waiting GIF

Please, if there is a god out there, let this actually get done/releasedĀ šŸ™