The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

I'd guess they are at least twice that of Spawn which was twice that of Beyond which was…you get the drift. I'm certain they're testing their limits as to what a maxed-out pressing would be in terms of market demand.

Makes sense. Maybe part of the reason Drive has been stalled is because they wanted to test out the market a little more? Maybe they were afraid they wouldn't press enough copies of it?

Makes sense. Maybe part of the reason Drive has been stalled is because they wanted to test out the market a little more? Maybe they were afraid they wouldn't press enough copies of it?

I would think the opposite.  Mondo is one of those businesses (as in to make money and not necessarily to make you or I happy) who produce, sell and move on to the next thing (and quickly at that).  I doubt that anyone there is happy that cases of Poltergeist albums are still sitting unsold in their gallery right now.  It's not underproducing (things like Drive soundtracks) they're worried about, it's overproducing them.  Just my two cents.

R

I would think the opposite.  Mondo is one of those businesses (as in to make money and not necessarily to make you or I happy) who produce, sell and move on to the next thing (and quickly at that).  I doubt that anyone there is happy that cases of Poltergeist albums are still sitting unsold in their gallery right now.  It's not underproducing (things like Drive soundtracks) they're worried about, it's overproducing them.  Just my two cents.

R

I think I read a while back that Mondo was looking to create distribution networks for their Drive release. Maybe they haven't gotten that finalized yet to their level of satisfaction and as a result were still here waiting while theyve put out 3 releases since Drive was originally announced? If I had to guess, the Mondo Drive release will not be hard to get, but since its Mondo, they will do something limited for their website preorders.

fyi...

Jay Chattaway - Maniac

325 Black

175 Colored

Fabio Frizzi - The Beyond

1000 Black

500 Colored

Michael Perilstein - The Deadly Spawn

1000 Black

500 Colored

Jerry Goldsmith - Poltergeist

??? Black

??? Colored

Yeah, I know Ive seen pressing numbers for the first 2 Mondo releases before. Didnt want to mention anything though without evidence to back it up. My guess is they did around 2000 for Poltergeist.