The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

I could see why they would want the customer to go through the order process a second time if ordering more than 2 LPs.  Doesn't really apply to yesterday's drop but If there's a drop like the TFTC 7"s where they went quickly, it would help people looking for individual orders for their personal collection and reduce the chance of someone who's just looking to toss up 8 copies on eBay.

I could see why they would want the customer to go through the order process a second time if ordering more than 2 LPs.  Doesn't really apply to yesterday's drop but If there's a drop like the TFTC 7"s where they went quickly, it would help people looking for individual orders for their personal collection and reduce the chance of someone who's just looking to toss up 8 copies on eBay.

Good point and, if true, good for them. Two problems though. First, of all their releases TFTC (and ghibli) had 3 distinct packages you could choose from so, in those cases, it would've hosed real collectors as well as flippers. Second, if their trying to spread out the vinyl, why let everyone who didn't follow their new rule keep what they bought? Why not just refund them down to two copies like they do with posters (one copy)? Maybe they're using these less in demand drop as a trainer since it didn't sell out, but I bet it's an even bigger clusterfuck next time.

I struggled trying to ignore these two releases, but caved. I'm about to watch Blue Sunshine.

Haha! It's a pretty wild, uneven movie, but I like it. The score is very cool.

Good point and, if true, good for them. Two problems though. First, of all their releases TFTC (and ghibli) had 3 distinct packages you could choose from so, in those cases, it would've hosed real collectors as well as flippers. Second, if their trying to spread out the vinyl, why let everyone who didn't follow their new rule keep what they bought? Why not just refund them down to two copies like they do with posters (one copy)? Maybe they're using these less in demand drop as a trainer since it didn't sell out, but I bet it's an even bigger clusterfuck next time.

Haha! It's a pretty wild, uneven movie, but I like it. The score is very cool.

I don't think they would refund someone on a drop that hasn't even soldout because that would mean tossing away money they can't guarantee getting back.  It wouldn't shock me if they refunded orders for any low run high demand vinyl drops that they might have moving forward though.

We're not allowed to like the artwork.

No, no no. You just can't like the visual MORE than you like the audio. If that is the case you need to buy a "Here Comes the Devil" print. If the print doesn't actually exist, as is the case here, you should print out an image of the vinyl artwork from an inkjet printer. Feel free to call that a Giclee print.

I think the additional shipping charge here is for people that bought 2 of each thing in a single purchase, not more than two of a particular LP. So unless they make a habit of putting multiples scores or soundtracks online at the same time in the future, this won't be an issue. Right?

No, no no. You just can't like the visual MORE than you like the audio. If that is the case you need to buy a "Here Comes the Devil" print. If the print doesn't actually exist, as is the case here, you should print out an image of the vinyl artwork from an inkjet printer. Feel free to call that a Giclee print.

I think the additional shipping charge here is for people that bought 2 of each thing in a single purchase, not more than two of a particular LP. So unless they make a habit of putting multiples scores or soundtracks online at the same time in the future, this won't be an issue. Right?

ha! I'll just make my own prints from now on. I can even make 24"x36" by taping multiple pieces of paper together. Its gonna be awesome. Anyone want some bootleg horkey or stout prints?

Mondo's next vinyl release will be The Omen

It will be available for purchase from Mondo on March 4th.

"Arriving with artwork by Phantom City Creative (Halloween vinyl art), the product comes pressed on 180 Gram Black vinyl with randomly inserted “Mark Of The Beast Translucent Red” (limited to 200 copies)." 

TheOmen2.jpg

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3280474/the-omen-gets-newly-mastered-vinyl-release-via-mondo-exclusive/