The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

"normal" is hard to pin down with us. I can see how that can be a bit aggravating. I hope you all understand, that isn't our intention. 

Most times we do a full edition with a randomly inserted chase (official: it is usually 1/3 of the edition, regardless of size) Whenever we have broken away from our normal model (Oblivion, or Ghibli for example) it has been because of a mutual compromise that we felt benefited all parties involved. Sorry I can't be more detailed than that on a public forum, but its all positive. It just seems weird in comparison to our normal release model.

With big titles like Drive & Halloween (and a future title we may have just announced) we try to do our normal thing with a Version A (black and a chase) and a Version B which is all one specialty color with alternate artwork, with the edition size advertised.

I'd like to know pressing numbers for mondo releases.

This is a bigger picture conversation, but Mondo gets a lot of complaints for being too limited on things, but we also get strangely equal amounts of grief when we make editions too large (this is with posters, not so much with Records, although we did get a really nasty e-mail form someone who was mad when our Halloween record didn't sell out in an hour asking for a refund). With the soundtracks we've had a chance to experiment in a way we haven't been able to with our posters for quite some time. 

Just know we aren't being withholding to punish our fans. A lot of it is trying to find the right balance between being collectable, having enough copies to distribute (so we can be in stores and be exposed to people who would otherwise not ever hear of us) and also catering to those who want the most limited version of something.

Quite excited for the Jurassic Park release. It is in my top 5 films of all time, and I've always loved the soundtrack, so it'll be nice to finally have it on (hopefully amber!) vinyl. I just cant see myself paying $100+ for a picture disc of this album, which is the only one out there AFAIK.

This will be my first Mondo purchase, so I'm interested to see how it goes. I hope it doesn't sell out quickly because I know I'll have bad luck being in school or work at the time it goes up for sale. It is a bit discomforting knowing that a ton of people will order multiple copies just to flip them at a higher price later on.

I've been searching a couple of hours for the ghibli records on the net to get them in the EU (especially mononoke and spirited) but can't find anything.

I know I'm late with this but a little help would be appreciated! 

Would be willing to pay around 40$ per record.

Unfortunately we weren't able to sell these outside of the US & Canada so there aren't a lot over there I'd imagine. Shoot me an e-mail at [email protected] and i'll see if I can help you out.

That would be cool if JP had 2 variants with a third that had alternate art. I love alternate art!

I'm sure it will be in the same model as the Halloween OST, so there should be plenty to go around.  Any guesses on the artist?  Stout is the obvious favorite here due to the heavy rumors (and lack of him doing a Mondo print since fall last year), but maybe they throw us for a curveball?  Heard a rumor that they might have had some issues with some of the likeness rights.

I'm not a huge fan of the floating head artwork, even though I think this skill set of Stout, Taylor and their ilk is very high. I'd prefer Shaw, PCC, or WBYK. Heck, Tong or Durieux would be grand. Something more cinematic than comic book. Again, I love their art, but I don't find it ideal for cinema personally.