The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

I think everyone here is probably hoping the same. If I recall you had about a 20 minute window to get Halloween B. Does that sounds right to anyone else?

with how fast certain waxwork records sell out for, I'd be shocked if it lasted more than 5 minutes. along with server drops, etc. this is Jurassic park, not Rosemary's baby

You may have caught a couple of teases in the last few months and maybe saw that Phil Tippet photo (Thanks for the shout out, Phil!) but we are pleased to officially announce that we will be releasing the beloved soundtrack to JURASSIC PARK by John Williams on 2XLP Vinyl on June 11th, 2014, the 21st anniversary of the films theatrical release.

There are two different versions. One, with artwork you might be familiar with by JC Richard that we are referring to as Version A. Version A, is pressed on 180 gram Black Vinyl, with randomly inserted “Dilophosaurus” colored Vinyl.

JURASSIC PARK – Version A
Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
Music by John Williams
Artwork by JC Richard
2XLP Pressed on 180 Gram Black vinyl with randomly-inserted Dilophosaurus Vinyl
$35

Version B, featuring all new artwork by Dan McCarthy, is limited to 1,000 copies and is pressed on 180 Gram Translucent Amber Vinyl.

JURASSIC PARK – Version B
Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
Music by John Williams
Artwork by Dan McCarthy
2XLP Pressed on 180 Gram Translucent Amber
$35

If you are an Austin local, We will be hosting a listening party at our Gallery where you can come and purchase the record a few days early.

One thing of note: We are the exclusive vendor of this record. These will not be distributed to record stores so if you want a copy you have to grab one on our site beginning on June 11th.

oholuc.jpg

10qcvok.jpg

t9e8n6.jpg

1055g10.jpg

The artwork on both versions is incredible. I can't decide which I like more. I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on one of these, and whatever artwork I like best will be the deciding factor. Even if I choose the Version A and only get the black variant, that artwork would be more than enough to keep me happy.

The artwork on both versions is incredible. I can't decide which I like more. I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on one of these, and whatever artwork I like best will be the deciding factor. Even if I choose the Version A and only get the black variant, that artwork would be more than enough to keep me happy.

Artwork on A is better, vinyl on B is better.  Really can't go wrong (unless you buy A and get black vinyl, then you're just a loser and you should be permanently banned from this Mondo thread of pretty colors).

I think everyone here is probably hoping the same. If I recall you had about a 20 minute window to get Halloween B. Does that sounds right to anyone else?

I think that sounds about right. I got Halloween as soon as it went up, and i was surprised how long it stayed up for because I thought it would be gone immediately. I can see this selling out in less than 10 minutes, if not around 5. I still don't think it'll be too hard for those of us who stay on top of it and jump on it as soon as it goes up (barring any awful server issues or whatnot).