The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

That $7 shipping is considered steep blows me away, you guys are spoiled down there, it's $10 to Canada, that's cheap.

Didn't grab this, I would have if I had extra cash floating around as trade collateral against Drive in case I don't snag a copy, but oh well.

How are we spoiled? It ships from Austin Texas. If I buy an import, I expect to pay more, and I don't complain. But I know how much this costs to ship and like Dave mentioned a mailer with their logo really isn't a selling point.

and if this whining blows you away, surely you don't visit the Hot Topic threads enough. 

How are we spoiled? It ships from Austin Texas. If I buy an import, I expect to pay more, and I don't complain. But I know how much this costs to ship and like Dave mentioned a mailer with their logo really isn't a selling point.

and if this whining blows you away, surely you don't visit the Hot Topic threads enough. 

Media mail is about $3 to ship.  I'm sure the other $4 is for their little fancy mailers.

That $7 shipping is considered steep blows me away, you guys are spoiled down there, it's $10 to Canada, that's cheap.

Didn't grab this, I would have if I had extra cash floating around as trade collateral against Drive in case I don't snag a copy, but oh well.

Easy solution, move to the USA.

Media mail is about $3 to ship.  I'm sure the other $4 is for their little fancy mailers.

This is why you're spoiled, domestic shipping in Canada is more than $10 most of the time.  You guys have cheap fucking postage rates.  What I'm saying is it blows me away that people complain about $7 when I wouldn't bat an eye, you guys don't realize how great you have it.

^^^

You state the reason yourself: The US has cheap domestic rates. When a company goes well beyond those reasonable rates it raises a red flag and justifiably so. You are comparing Canada and the US and you can't. You need to compare mark up on base shipping rates. If a Canadian package normally costs $10 and someone charges you $20 would you feel good about it because the base rate in another country is $20? I doubt it but if you are then you are a very tolerant individual but not a great consumer. 

This is why you're spoiled, domestic shipping in Canada is more than $10 most of the time.  You guys have cheap fucking postage rates.  What I'm saying is it blows me away that people complain about $7 when I wouldn't bat an eye, you guys don't realize how great you have it.

It's actually the only reason why I don't live in Canada!  j/k

^^^

You state the reason yourself: The US has cheap domestic rates. When a company goes well beyond those reasonable rates it raises a red flag and justifiably so. You are comparing Canada and the US and you can't. You need to compare mark up on base shipping rates. If a Canadian package normally costs $10 and someone charges you $20 would you feel good about it because the base rate in another country is $20? I doubt it but if you are then you are a very tolerant individual but not a great consumer. 

You assume that there isn't mark-up in the Canadian shipping costs.  I'm on the west coast, it costs me more to ship to Vancouver than it does to ship to New York on the other side of the continent.  As timbrh2001 mentioned, it's still cheap to ship from the US into Canada as well.

The only time it is expensive, using the same postal system as all other scenarios once the item crosses the border, is when it's shipped entirely within Canada, which in theory should be cheaper.  We get screwed up here, and I know it.  It doesn't need to cost as much as it does to ship something to Vancouver.

The only difference is who pockets the mark-up.  The mark-up I have to pay is still greater than what Mondo charges is my point to bring this back on topic :P

You assume that there isn't mark-up in the Canadian shipping costs.  I'm on the west coast, it costs me more to ship to Vancouver than it does to ship to New York on the other side of the continent.  As timbrh2001 mentioned, it's still cheap to ship from the US into Canada as well.

The only time it is expensive, using the same postal system as all other scenarios once the item crosses the border, is when it's shipped entirely within Canada, which in theory should be cheaper.  We get screwed up here, and I know it.  It doesn't need to cost as much as it does to ship something to Vancouver.

The only difference is who pockets the mark-up.  The mark-up I have to pay is still greater than what Mondo charges is my point to bring this back on topic :P

I think it's about time the US invades that silly little country of yours and straightens things out!  Haha.

Fuck man! It was $12 shipping for me... i thought that was fairly reasonable considering i normally pay $15-18 for 1 lp from the US. It sucks that us Euros have to pay almost as much for the record again in shipping but hey, i suppose that the way the cookies crumbles. What does fuck me off is when i pay that much and then my record is poorly packed arrives after bouncing around a mailer causing seam splits and banged up corners... that makes me pretty fuckin angry.

But ive realised, and correct me if im wrong but every State has different postage prices and taxes. is this true?

Yes indeed! OSTs all the way. What have you scored recently? Any gems?

I really like listening to scores while I work. I really enjoy blaxplotation stuff like Black Dynamite and Mad Dog's Hustle. Bigger budget movies with big orchestral scores are fun too...I grabbed that dark knight score and also have the untouchables score which i grabbed for like a buck. 

I'm not into many soundtrack comps unless they were integral to the movie. O Brother Where Art Thou / Eddie and the Cruisers are two that I spin all the time. 

I was approved for a license for the score of one of my favorite movies just before Christmas...hoping to have that done for Record Store Day. 

Fuck man! It was $12 shipping for me... i thought that was fairly reasonable considering i normally pay $15-18 for 1 lp from the US. It sucks that us Euros have to pay almost as much for the record again in shipping but hey, i suppose that the way the cookies crumbles. What does fuck me off is when i pay that much and then my record is poorly packed arrives after bouncing around a mailer causing seam splits and banged up corners... that makes me pretty fuckin angry.

But ive realised, and correct me if im wrong but every State has different postage prices and taxes. is this true?

This exact reason is why I've waited for the Mondo release of the Drive - OST.